Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in this oil pump, does anyone have it? is it worth it? i know everyone says power drops off at 7600, but it would still be fun to rev to 8500 or so. im not looking to beat on my car but if i got this is there anything else that needs strenghtening?

·
FF Affiliate
30,934 Posts
Why would you want to torture your engine to 8500 RPM , It wont make power there it would be nothing but pure abuse on the engine and in the end you would be replacing engines it just wasent built to do that

Tom

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then whats the point of getting the pump? its only purpose is being able to safely rev past 8000. even if i got my rev limit raised to 7600 wouldnt i still want this pump to be safe? in which case why not just shift at 8

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
What about on a turbo car, or a centrifugal blower car, where the power doesnt drop off but wants to keep climbing. Are these good for applications such as these? And if wanted to rev past 8k, what else is needed?

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
no matter the form of FI the engine will not make power up there, cams were not designed for it and the bore/stroke ratio is too high

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
I know the SVT valvetrain is good for it (well, good to 8K at least).
But even with FI, I doubt it's going to gain that much power (if any) by winding it up that far.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Agreed. I think that oil pump is more aimed and FULL RACE apps. Fully built engines that are CONSTANTLY or nearly so, sitting in HIGH revs. Not to mention this on a stock fofo i think would cause some arguements between the valves and pistons. Not good.

Andrew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts