Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
In case anyone was wondering, CFM's Street High-flow Cat not only bolts right up extremely easily, but it passes the gas-sniffer emissions test in GA as well. And a noticeable (in the seat, where it counts) performance increase, all for $400 versus the $2000 Ford wanted for the stock one. No-brainer...

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I've always had a great experience with them. Bought my supercharger for my Focus from them & my Eibach springs & shifter for my Fiesta from them.

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
lol, I didn't notice until I picked up a focussport rear trunk stress bar a day ago.

But my front strut bar says focuscentral.

I thought it said focussport, and I got excited that they matched, but I did a search today, and my front strut bar is from CFM, formally focuscentral.

Awesome to have another CFM part on my car without even noticing till now.[giddy]

Focussport = FSWERKS

Focuscentral = CFM

·
Registered
6 Posts
c-f-m has good prices on all their stuff so i dont even bother looking around for a better price great service

·
Registered
890 Posts
Very satisfied customer here!

Ordered an Eibach hardware kit last thursday (6 days ago) and received an email from William notifying me that they had to ship directly from Eibach in California. Said it was going to take a couple business days to process the order and approx 5 business days to ship. Asked if that was ok.

I had plans to do the bar this week and told him that I was willing to pay extra for 2-day shipping. He actually took care of the extra shipping cost and I received it today!

William and C-F-M are both amazing. Thanks to you both!!!

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
CFM is great, Bought their MK3 rear motor mount off amazon a few weeks ago. Build quality was great, very nice machining...SOLIDLY built...looked too nice to install. I installed it, took only 20 minutes to install, very easy! I was expecting some vibes as I do from most of the poly lower motor mounts I've done...when I started the car, it idled smoother then stock..so smooth in fact, it was almost hard to tell the car was turned on...I backed off the ramps and idled and I was baffled by the complete lack of vibes and no shaking or anything.

So I thought maybe the mount was too soft, did I waste my money? I should have bought a EMM for less?

Nope, went for a drive and the annoying wheel hop was gone, replaced by screeching tires and traction control light flashing like crazy...without it, light would flash a few times thats it...DCT shifted better, crisper and less hesitation. I don't have a passenger motor mount installed yet but some of the competitors RMM's have a lot of vibes just by themselves and very rough combined with PMM.

Impressed by their product (Can you guys make a passenger mount for the MK3's??? )

·
Registered
847 Posts
CFM is great, Bought their MK3 rear motor mount off amazon a few weeks ago. Build quality was great, very nice machining...SOLIDLY built...looked too nice to install. I installed it, took only 20 minutes to install, very easy! I was expecting some vibes as I do from most of the poly lower motor mounts I've done...when I started the car, it idled smoother then stock..so smooth in fact, it was almost hard to tell the car was turned on...I backed off the ramps and idled and I was baffled by the complete lack of vibes and no shaking or anything.

So I thought maybe the mount was too soft, did I waste my money? I should have bought a EMM for less?

Nope, went for a drive and the annoying wheel hop was gone, replaced by screeching tires and traction control light flashing like crazy...without it, light would flash a few times thats it...DCT shifted better, crisper and less hesitation. I don't have a passenger motor mount installed yet but some of the competitors RMM's have a lot of vibes just by themselves and very rough combined with PMM.

Impressed by their product (Can you guys make a passenger mount for the MK3's??? )

Glad to see you're enjoying the mount thanks for the positive feedback. At this time we do not see the need/demand to produce a PMM/DMM but keep in mind the more poly mounts you add, the greater the transmitted NVH.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Yup, an upper mount does add a lot more vibes then just a lower, have done this on several cars now... you really need both to do the job properly..but the ones on the market right now are all too harsh..it's not the bushing that's the problem, 70 durometer for the softer ones..it's the design, imo.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts