Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, not sure if this has been posted yet but I just installed the CFM HFC this weekend. the whole undertaking took about 5 hours by myself. Anyways, if any of you guys are curious about the look/fitment of the HFC i got some pics for all of you.

Since i didn't want to deal with resizing you'll just have to click.

The package

Diameter

Side by side

Side by side 2

Fitment

Fitment 2

There you are sirs, i haven't had a chance to drive it yet but i'm sure it'll be excellent. I imagine it to install very similar to an ORP so if you've done it, same thing. For those of you who haven't, you definitely want to buy a 1/2'' drive 12'' extension and a 22mm wrench for your o2 sensors.

Only thing i wasn't too excited about was that all the OEM bolts were metric but the supplied boltst were standard. It was just a hassle and i suck at fractions.

enjoy

Edit: incase you guys are curious, it is lighter than the stock. It looks to me like the stock cat actually has two sections with the honeycomb thing in it, if you look at it carefully. The CFM only has one which accounts for much of the lightness. If i had to guess i would say the CFm was about 15-20lbs and the stock would be less than 10lbs heavier.

Edit 2: spelling and grammar issues have been fixed

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
haha I suck at spelling no need to edit ;) anyways sweet pics :D I just ordered mine and soon my underbody will look exactly the same as yours :D I think I'm gonna buy new o2 sensors also while I'm down there since the car has 50k on it and it has had an orp so I dunno if it affected them at all. lookin good!! :D

·
Registered
714 Posts
Great pics...keep us posted on performance

·
Registered
378 Posts
That is great, I have considered buying one. How much louder is it compared to stock?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its actually not much louder than stock. You get the same tone but its a little more raspier and around 3k it opens up a little more. I'll try to get some clips this afternoon but at idle i couldn't tell the difference. I mean besides the fact that the heat shield WASN'T rattling for once. I'm glad i bought it, sure looks sexy!

As for power, i don't have any dynos so the best you guys get are the impressions my cheeks get. Power (or should i say i go much faster) starting around 3-3.5k. Imagine the DSI switchover happening earlier? its that kind of difference.

·
Registered
269 Posts
ok question which gives you better performance a ORP or HFC jus wondering

1 - 9 of 9 Posts