Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

CONCLUSION: If you have the extra cash to spend then get our high flow cat pipe, give up very little power, produce cleaner emissions and make a lot less noise! [:D]

We have about 3 more high flow cat pipes available for our first batch. Our next batch will not be ready for another 6-8 weeks. Order link: http://focus.c-f-m.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1125&dc=focusfanatics

BTW, the current introductory price will go up June 1, 2006. Place your order today! Orders can be cancelled if product has not been shipped so place your order and lock in the lower price. [:)]

·
FF Affiliate
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In power? Small difference compared to price between both. In quality? We use Magnaflow/CarSound converters which are well-known and of good quality.

RunFile_001 = CFM high flow cat pipe
RunFile_005 = RT high flow cat pipe

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've been considering this one...do you guys have any sound clips?

·
FF Affiliate
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dussin said:
I was considering this but, its a little over 1 hp that stock. I am not sure if its worth it now.
When you look at a dyno you look at the difference in power throughout the WHOLE curve. The numbers listed are PEAK hp/tq numbers and don't mean everything. Look at the power difference from start to finish between the green and red lines and that is what the high flow cat yields over the stock cat. Definitely worth it!!! [thumb]

·
FF Affiliate
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Metal said:
I've been considering this one...do you guys have any sound clips?
Will try to make a sound clip this week.

·
Registered
274 Posts
cfmfocus said:
When you look at a dyno you look at the difference in power throughout the WHOLE curve. The numbers listed are PEAK hp/tq numbers and don't mean everything. Look at the power difference from start to finish between the green and red lines and that is what the high flow cat yields over the stock cat. Definitely worth it!!! [thumb]
Alright thanks for clearing that up for me. If only you could keep those prices where they are now. Do you have any idea of the price you will list them at next.

·
Registered
62 Posts
cfmfocus said:
ummmm.... he was right. kind of. that dyno must be incorrect. it says that a high flow cat or ORP is only yielding 1 hp increase over stock. ORP's are documented to add at least 6 peak horsepower. I can't trust that dyno to compare the pipes when they don't accurately portray the gains of the ORP. were they all run one after another?

·
Registered
862 Posts
There are big difference between the RT cat and magnaflow. Price is in the quality of what is in the cat and the type of stainless. The more power you make the more the RT cat will shine and over the long run it will hold up better. The RT cat is not a brick style cat like the Magnaflow. If dollar spent for gain in that particular range was calculated it makes the RT cat the best bang for the buck. Made more power than the ORP. With good tuning the RT cat would have made good gains.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
how does a hi-flow cat give out more power that a orp pipe? i was thinking that a striaght flow pipe would give out more power

·
Registered
40 Posts
This has been quite interesting - and perhaps even informative - for a mechanical moron such as myself. I've been trying to make sense of the pros/cons of ORPs and hi-flow CATs for a while now.

If those in the know would indulge me for a moment to make sure I have it all straight now:

1. Hi-flow CATs & ORPs add HP throughout the power band with the most significant gains being below peak?

2. Technically, it's a violation of federal law to remove a factory CAT that's functioning properly. Unless your factory CAT is "broke" you either have to be comfortable doing the replacement install yourself; or, have a really good mechanic/friend with a rebellious streak who's willing to do the work. Once the hi-flow is on, though, you're good legally - ie. hiflow CATs don't result in ongoing emissions problems?

3. ORPs DO result in ongoing emissions issues - ie. they have to be routinely removed and replaced if you live in a state with regular emissions testing?

Do I have it straight?

Cheers,

CLBinMD

·
FF Affiliate
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
O G focus said:
ummmm.... he was right. kind of. that dyno must be incorrect. it says that a high flow cat or ORP is only yielding 1 hp increase over stock. ORP's are documented to add at least 6 peak horsepower. I can't trust that dyno to compare the pipes when they don't accurately portray the gains of the ORP. were they all run one after another?
Where can I find the dyno graph to show the gains you described?

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Lucky for us SVTF owners, as low as the header and cat sit it's very believable to say that the original was damaged by a parking block and replaced with a cheaper and more efficient aftermarket cat. [;)]

I've had boht, a FC ORP and the RT highflow cat and must say that a highflow is the shiznaty! The performance is there, the weight saving of shedding the stocker, which was a ton is an added bonus. I was paranoid all the time with the ORP about getting pinched for it. It both sounds and smells like you are running straight pipe and any cop with a clue will know. I get tailed at least once a day and I'm sure that they are waiting for a reason to pull me and that ORP would have been that reason each time. It sounded horrible too, I used to start my car up on winter mornings and drive off immediately without waiting for the car to warm because it was reverberating around the apartments that I lived in.

I like that heat shield that is pictured on the one above....think it will bolt up to an RT?

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
cfmfocus said:
The way I look at it svt engineers did a great job engineering the car. I love it, always wanted one and finally was able to afford one. I'm not gonna nick-pick over numbers as long as the cfm line is above the svt line. I think it's awesome that a company is developing new products for the svt anyway. And with that when is mine shipping.

·
FF Affiliate
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We're planning on shipping tomorrow if the nuts & bolts come in. Thank you very much for your support!

·
FF Affiliate
158 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts