Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Anyone knows how to routing the catch can?
I have had cfm catch can.
Its weird thing is the pcv cover sucking air in?(I using blue small breather now)
anything wrong?

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
That's not you PCV that you have that breather on, but its OK to vent that to atmosphere like you have.

If you are looking at your photo, the PCV is visible just to the right of the header. You can see the ring around the base of it. Its a 90* plastic bit with a line that will run towards the back of the motor, under the coil pack. There will be rubber hose coming off the PCV then it will attach to a solid tube under the coil pack, then another rubber hose from there to the manifold IIRC.

You will want to put the catch can inline between the PCV and the manifold.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
I dont know that I would put the catch can between the PCV and the manifold

What I would do if it was mine is , pull your PCV cut the bottom 1/16 off and take the plubger and spring out , Replace you PCV back in the engine connect some 3/8 hose and go UP OVER the top raid hose and then down to the catch can , plug the hose that comes from the manifold so you dont have a Vac leak

The filter is fine but you may get some oily smell from it , best to run some hose to the ground or catch can

Tom

Tom

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
Now that I think about it, I think the PCV runs to one of the nipples in the top of the blower...its been a while since I had my car. I ran it this way with no issues and it kept the blower nice and clean. But Tom's way would do just fine too - either way you'll be keeping blow-by out and that's the end result.

I run an oil-air separator on my subie and wish I had one on my svt ; its virtually maintenance free and has kept my intake clean. Subies are known for getting blow-by and its very common for folks to run Shell Rotella-T 5w40 to help with this. Probably overkill in this case, but couldn't hurt to experiment with oils as well. Mobil1 seems to be kida thin, German Castrol 5w30 might be a good start. It seems to have different thickening agents in it and people say they get less consumption using it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks you guys

I guess my catch can just routing as same like Sleetak.
but I think Tom is right too.
If catch can not lock up correctly or broken.That will be leaking.And loosing PSI.
Btw,Tom Does anyone try to put WMI on intake main flow and cooling air into cylinder?
I saw some mitsubishi evo doing this in here.They making 4 holes and put sprayer on each one of it.Is any possible to put on JRSC W/BBK as same way?
Any idea?
Thanks.....

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
The catch can shouldn't see boost, only vacuum.

In answer to your other question, yes. Some have put spray nozzle in the base of the throttlebody. Others into the rear of the manifold where the big gold bolt is. You would also want to think about relocating the intake air temperature sensor to the manifold as well, so you get correct temperature readings. You can use the sensor from SVT Lightning.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep

The catch can shouldn't see boost, only vacuum.

In answer to your other question, yes. Some have put spray nozzle in the base of the throttlebody. Others into the rear of the manifold where the big gold bolt is. You would also want to think about relocating the intake air temperature sensor to the manifold as well, so you get correct temperature readings. You can use the sensor from SVT Lightning.

Sent from my MB855 using FF Mobile
My mistake wrong type.Its vacuum leaking not psi....

I've already do IAT relocation and using kit from CFM.
If I using 4 sprayer on the manifold(in front of each cylinder)
Should I need a tune or do something setting?
I know if spray wrong time,It would cause big damage.
Everyone has jrsc W/BBK knows,Heat will killing horse power.
Im trying to figure out some thing cooling down temperature.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
If you spray at each port on the manifold, the sensor isn't going to get a good reading on the air temperature after spraying. You should have: air in >> spray >> temp sensor >> into engine.

You can tap the spray nozzle into your throttle body.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
?

If you spray at each port on the manifold, the sensor isn't going to get a good reading on the air temperature after spraying. You should have: air in >> spray >> temp sensor >> into engine.

You can tap the spray nozzle into your throttle body.

Sent from my MB855 using FF Mobile
If I tap the spray on T/B.Might kill TPS?
I saw someone tap top of blower,anything wrong?
Any demo car pic?
thanks alot!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay

The ECU does not need to know what the WMI does for cooling , you DO NOT want to tune for the added WMI

Tom
I search that you Posted before about JRSC BBK add WMI thread.
I know what u say.Its really helpful!
Now I know I don't need new tune for WMI
but I still not know where is best location for nozzie?
I did re-location IAT know.
Any idea Tom?

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
The WMI will have to be after the TB or you will kill the TPS every time you use the WMI so it is hard to install on the jrsc , in the mainfold is the best place but then you have issues getting it = to each Cyl

Still waiting on that datalog

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts