Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a CFM 67mm TB, and was wondering everyone's opinion. Is it really worth it, or did I just waste $250? I guess I should have posted this before I bought it. Oh well!!

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
worth every penny

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Could have saved your money and bored out your stock one.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Not worth $250 IMO

you get throttle response but thats not worth $250 to me, more like $50

Like OrangeSVTguy said you can bore out the factory one for a few bucks.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
it depends on your wallet...I raced an SVT with mod for mod the same except he had the 67mm TB and it wasent a super huge dif

·
Registered
170 Posts
is it worth boring out the stock svt throttle body? I did it on the ztech and it seemed to help. I just didnt know if the svt stock throttle body could be ported out anymore.Thanks,Jeremy. Didnt mean to steal the thread.I didnt want to start a new one first this topic.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
you get better throttle response with the cfm TB no profrmance gain just better response when taking off.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I agree on the stock porting giving the same throttle response......

and as long as you dont go F/I with that throttle body you should be fine.....those TB's dont like forced induction.

·
Registered
531 Posts
its all in what you like. got mine before they had the 67 so i had to settle for the 65. the throttle respose i very diff and the port for the idle air control is smaller on the 65 then on the factory. the aftermarket doesnt have that slow tip in like the factory due to it haveing a flat butterfly instead of the ski jump looking butterfly in the factory one. if it was me id keep it.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I bet you could port the aftermarket 65mm to a 67mm

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
The stock one is plastic, like on the Zetec, right? That's why it's easy to port. All you need is a Dremel. Every aftermarket one I've seen is aluminum...which could prove more difficult to bore....

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
it depends on your wallet...I raced an SVT with mod for mod the same except he had the 67mm TB and it wasent a super huge dif

Who won? lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
i was just sitn here readn this i decided to take the stock tb off and port it cause i had nothing better to do haha took me like an hour to get it all nice, but i did notis better low end pick up, little better throttle responce im still gonna buy the cfm though when i get the cash

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
The idea of trying to bore and screwing up and having nothing or one with a crack is not very comforting. If you have the cash, might as well support your third party suppliers. It keeps them in business and making parts for us.

SVT parts are thinning out.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
that 67mm tb is screaming for a roots blower ;)

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
I have my 67mm CFM TB and love it. At least you didn't buy the way to expensive cossi TB.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok. I finally got the TB on and it is a different feel. I don't think it is worth $250 but it does improve greatly with the throttle response. I almost had to really learn how to "re-drive" the car. I appreciate all the responses.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
yeah its only ever really worth it if.... you have high rpm NA talking 7k plus... or have a roots blower. The increased throttle response comes mostly from the revised butterfly in it. Sanding off the wedge gives the exact same feel.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Yeah I think I'm just gonna try and bore mine and install a newer thinner aluminum butterfly plate in there. The stock one seems to be too thick and I think the thinner aluminum plate might more air in and I won't have to bore it at all [:D]

1 - 20 of 38 Posts