Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about buying a cfm 65mm tb from another member aside from a sensitive throttle is this giving me anymore gain???? Other than being down some cash

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
hp gain, Maybe 1hp but it really wakes up the car with great throttle response, i recommend this mod to anyone you won't regret it.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
How much do they want? I found an intake and svt header to do MUCH more than my throttle body. I actually sold mine to buy parts that give gains. I didn't like the touchy throttle for daily driving. However, it did make the car rev faster.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
i think the cfm sight claims 3hp gain. dont remember though. a good throttle body and cold air or short ram will help give the little engine some life though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
would this be a good mod before desiding your headers?? i still cant decide what headers i want but am thinking about that throttle body. and is the one in the picture for an automatic? mines a manual

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
a throttle body is always a good idea. go to c-f-m.com they have one.

·
Registered
645 Posts
the one in the picture is for both manual and automatic, mine just has the bracket so it can work with my automatic. really good investment!

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
along with a set of Comp cams
What stage cams are those? I have comp 3's with those same Mac gears, if you installed both those and the TB at the same time, i promise you 100% of the power increase comes from cams. not the TB.

Matt

1 - 20 of 23 Posts