Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night my son being a very smart young man(9 years old) thought he would move 10-12ft high basketball hoop down the driveway so that he could shoot some hoops.

Well long story made very short, he was overpowered by the thing, and my focus broke the fall[?|]

So, Im looking for a replacement hood.

Has anyone ever used these?

Item number: 8062050622
Item number: 8062050640

And what is the real difference other than price between the 2 brands here?

Item number: 4635605398

Thanks for the advice and help in advance.

Tyler

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
i think that the vis is clear coated.. and not gel coated... i have also seen a lot of people using the vis over the other one.. Word of wisdom: My friend in highschool got a cf hood for his mustang gt... he got a "good deal" on it off of ebay.. It fit OK.. but the latch seemed like it was hard to latch.. he adjusted the hood and latch and still.. didnt fit like it should.. it seemed like it was on very.. very snug...

About two weeks later.. i saw him driving a rental car to school.. And i asked him what happened? He tells me that he was driving on the highway.. comming home from work.. and the hood blew up.... latch wasnt strong enough.. it broke his windshield, and dented the hell out of the roof.. his car was in the shop for about 2 months.. as they had to replace the intire roof of the car...

Not saying that carbon fiber hoods are bad.. just letting you know you truely get what you pay for... just make sure you dont cheap out on quality.. and wind up paying more than you should!

Matt

·
Registered
563 Posts
A lot people say that ViS and high quality and to only get ViS, but honestly I have never once been impressed by a ViS. At my old shop a guy bought some fenders for a Neon he wanted us to put on. Where it bolts down under the hood, those tabs were on a 45 degree angle. We called ViS and said what the hell, and they basically told us to "heat the piece up and bend it into place.

What.

You can't simply heat up and bend fiberglass. They gave us a run around and basically told us to go to hell in the end. I have also tried using a few ViS products and the fitment was terrible. I don't think I'd pay $200 more for "ViS Quality".

·
Registered
181 Posts
I bought a hood off ebay as well for a "good price" the thing fits okay yet it wouldnt latch , now im no a patient man . so after breaking alot of stuff i decided to stop messing with the latch and drill two holes and pin that mofo down . So yea the more money you pay the less headach and problems ull have in the future ....... good luck

·
Registered
171 Posts
Alot of the latches tend not to be perfect and have to be bent one way or another or removed
and move just a little to fit hte hood always use hood pins on cf hoods.
Only my apc so far has fit perfectly and they say there a junky company.

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you have the FUN tickets, go with SEIBON. awsome quality, perfect fit. My buddy just got one, and it oushined my VIS by like a million times. way cool, but $$$$$$!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
oh and also keep the hoop away from the new hood good luck

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
seibon makes good hoods and they have one for the focus. also i know GFX (sold by zx3tuning) have the best hoods. i've seen some pretty crappy VIS hoods as well as some decent ones. i've also seen pretty decent oem CF style hoods as well as crappy ones. pretty much hit or miss on ebay/vis though

·
Registered
738 Posts
Just make sure u get some hood pins. I would go with the AEM Locking Hood Pins. They are smooth and don't have anything popping up

·
Registered
738 Posts
Oh and a REAL CF Hood is CF under the hood as well. That is how u tell if it is a REAL GRADE A Hood.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts