Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in a project of doing my own CF hood and all the other parts that can be done from CF...

my main problem is about production of Carbon Fiber Hoods...
i will be very pleased if you have any info about making a Cf hood..

do the CF hoods come with the oem skeleton?
do they produce skeleton from CF or do they use the stock skeleton?

any answers for these questions will be very helpfull for me...

Thanx in advance

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Is the stock skeleton steel?!

I'll have to take a look, but I didn't think It was.

for the record: My B-Grade C/F hood is fiberglass (fiberglass skeleton as well) with 1.5 sheets of carbon fiber.
It's actually semi-transparent when the hood Is propped up. I can see sunlight shine thru it.

It doesn't make me mad or upset because the quality of the Hood is actually top-notch, Just so as long as your don't try to claim it's a Grade-A Hood.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Foci_Fosho said:
Is the stock skeleton steel?!

I'll have to take a look, but I didn't think It was.

for the record: My B-Grade C/F hood is fiberglass (fiberglass skeleton as well) with 1.5 sheets of carbon fiber.
It's actually semi-transparent when the hood Is propped up. I can see sunlight shine thru it.

It doesn't make me mad or upset because the quality of the Hood is actually top-notch, Just so as long as your don't try to claim it's a Grade-A Hood.
you mean only the top layer is CF and rest is fiberglass? if this is so that explains how they sell them so cheap becouse according to my search i have to make at least 3 layers of 200gr CF for the strength and that will make nearly 6 sqmt for one hood!! that makes the 80% of total cost...

BTW stock skeleton is steel...

i see A-grade CF and as you said B-grade CF what this A&B refers to? quality of carbon or quality of the hood?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts