Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so still new to the focus game but next on my list is intake and exhaust....that said I found THIS cf hood with an inlet...couple things...does anyone on here have this hood or know if its funtional? and if i get it, can i make it funtional by adding some sort of directional tubing? what would be the best setup (example: modify stock ram with directed air from this hood, steeda intake with directed air from hood)

Also would it be better to do exhaust or intake first?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts

It's a really nice hood. It is functional. I use it to help keep the temps down in the engine bay due to my turbo set up. You could prob make some kind of ram air induction that would go to the air filter. It would be alot of fab work though. I would definitely do a intake and exhaust first.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[80?] wow...that looks amazing! glad to see its functional, so whats with the "grill" like insert on the seibon website then?

...and as far as the intake, i need peoples thoughts.....should I go SRI system like steeda with that hood and try to figure a way to route a duct to the steeda "box", or go a different route with fswerks cool flo CAI and exhaust? I figure these 2 options are probably around the same price..?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
^thanks man! There's a screen insert in the scoop that I removed. It looks cleaner that way. If you try to make a duct system I would go with the steeda and have it attach to the steeda box

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok cool....so ive been thinking more about this lately... im sure i would either need to use a baffle from a current car or make one to keep water out since this is my dd. so what current car baffle might fit the opening on this hood?...or would i have to go through the headache of fabricating one?

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
it looks like it would have to be custom made, I would make a box mounted to the core support that seals to the hood with a channel going over to the stock air box location then either make a connection to the stock air-box or to an SRI type of after market setup. A true CAI would not be practical as the filter would be under and behind the front bumper.
as to which to do first, that's really up to you, they both make the car run better by them selves but even better when combined and tuned. If you can swing it get both (all 3) at once.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Run the hood to keep temps down under the hood and get the CAI [thumb]

Can vouch for PSUrivie's CF hood and ride....both DOPE.

·
So mote be it
8,961 Posts
If going with the ram air style and using the hood to get air to the SRI, would there be any chance of enough water getting pushed in there during heavy rain when driving to cause hydro-lock? Like if was plumbed directly to where the Steeda SRI and then just deposited the water onto the filter element or is that just a really far fetched idea?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^ thanks! ...now how concerned should i be about water/snow getting into the engine bay or duct system i fab? shouldnt i build in some drainage/baffle to make sure water doesnt get near or into the intake box(steeda)?

edit: sorry ramleon84 i took too long to post but i think were are thinking the same thing...

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
as long as your not running the pipe straight to the throttle body, you'll be fine. I would run the duct into the heat shield of the steeda sri so it would feed the new chamber area of the steeda.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok that makes sense...so if water did potentially get in, it could just drain out of the bottom of the steeda box/chamber right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts