Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other morning I went out and looked at my car only to notice one of my retarded neighbors of their "guests" decided to put a cigarette out right on my carbon fiber hood. The gel coat is gone for that small area and its down to the weave... what can I put on the gel coat to seal it for the winter until I can get ir professionally redone come spring?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't you think nail polish would degrade over the course of the winter and encourage cracking?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
That is what my buddy who works on custom cars told me to do as well as others. Its kinda like a clear coat, just check on it every so often if it needs to be touched up every couple of weeks then put more on it.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm alrighty Guess I will try that should I lightly sand around the hole so ensure a proper bond or anything or just fill it in?

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Oh wow that sucks... Good Luck.. Gel Coat is the worst thing ever,,, I had to get mine resprayed with Clear..

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
wtf who puts a cigarette out on a car...do they have something against you...that would entitle me for revenge...

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
if you know who it was make them get you a new hood or at least make them pay to have it professionaly repaired....that's bullshit dude

·
Registered
418 Posts
Make 'em pay for the repair. If your neighbor says it wasn't him, ask him to get the person that did it. If they won't tell you, tell him you're going to get insurance and legal companies involved. That's usually cash on the spot.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Goodness, I think I'd get that wild-n-crazy look in my eye before I put a lit bag of poo-poo on their porch. Then again, I'd probably just flip 'em the bird and go on.

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
I would say if you intend to have the reairs done professionally further down the road, nail polish would be an OK band-aide fix.
As far as revenge goes, keep in mind things with a lousy neighbor or even their guests can quickly escalate and serious damages can happen. Be careful.

·
Registered
800 Posts
if it were me, me and mr AR-15 would go get me a new hood from my neighbor. go over there and get his insurance info and file a police report and tell him to bend over and tell him to take it like the little cigerette flickin b**ch he is

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Well I feel sorry for you, I would think the Nail Polish is your best bet, thats what I used when I use to race mountian bikes to fix carbon fiber peices with scratches and stuff.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
eh I dunno what neighbor did it... Theres 18 buildings with 12 apartments per building here so it could have been any of the preppy college kids around here... pisses me off though but I will try the nail polish trick after I wash and wax the car on Saturday and lets hope it looks good.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
wow that sucks man i definitely would blown up if i saw that...but then again shamrock got a point...u may do something to him then u come outside and all ur windows are broken and it just escalates...obv finding him would be harder with 18 buildings but i would not settle for paying for it outa ur pocket

1 - 18 of 18 Posts