Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just purchased a 2008 manual focus and one of the hinges for the center console is snapped and moves around a lot. I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere that sells some or even had a replacement themselves. I'm in Australia but don't mind paying to ship if it's not too much. If anyone has any suggestions or other ideas I'm more than happy to hear them as well.

Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a spare console I bought from a Pik-A-Part yard, but I don't know if your 2008 is the same as the one sold in the U.S.A. Can you post some photos of your interior, give me a better idea if my parts would interchange with yours. From your photo, looks like it would involve changing out the whole console to fix your hinge, and postage to Australia would be exorbitant. You might be better off making a home brewed fix, but post some more photos, and we'll see.
This is what our 2008 looks like. I'll try to take some photos of my interior.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a spare console I bought from a Pik-A-Part yard, but I don't know if your 2008 is the same as the one sold in the U.S.A. Can you post some photos of your interior, give me a better idea if my parts would interchange with yours. From your photo, looks like it would involve changing out the whole console to fix your hinge, and postage to Australia would be exorbitant. You might be better off making a home brewed fix, but post some more photos, and we'll see. View attachment 306439 This is what our 2008 looks like. I'll try to take some photos of my interior.
Do you reckon I could just super glue it back together? I've had a look at some car yards but pretty much all the cars that would suit mine are for sale whole, and not pick apart.
Some photos of my interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Ethan,
As I suspected, I don't think our Focuses are the same. I posted some photos of my console. You can try some super glue or epoxy, but I wouldn't bet it would be a permanent fix, but I've been wrong before. Honestly, the hinge looks more like one I had on a '94 Explorer; do your yards have any of those you could check? We're on lockdown now because of C19, so will be awhile before I can offer any other help. Good luck!
IMG_1275.JPG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Ethan,
As I suspected, I don't think our Focuses are the same. I posted some photos of my console. You can try some super glue or epoxy, but I wouldn't bet it would be a permanent fix, but I've been wrong before. Honestly, the hinge looks more like one I had on a '94 Explorer; do your yards have any of those you could check? We're on lockdown now because of C19, so will be awhile before I can offer any other help. Good luck!
View attachment 306451 View attachment 306452 View attachment 306451
That's cool, I'll just keep an eye out for things, thanks heaps for your reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts