Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first post and hoping for some help. Trying to avoid having to use main dealer!

The problem I have is with the central locking.

A while ago my passenger door locking mechanism failed, it would not lock either manually or with the key. Every other locked worked perfectly fine. It was more of a nuisance then anything else so I left it. All other locks worked without an issue so was not that bothered.

Suddenly it started working again out of the blue, no one had fiddled with it or touched, just started working. For a few months everything was fine then suddenly it stopped working again.

This time the key fob stopped working though.

My only resolution was to manually open the door with the key and quickly put my key in the ignition to stop the warning sounds, but this led to other problems.

The other problems were the fact it effected the battery, the headlights would flash on for a split second every time I started the car and starting sometimes was a bit of a struggle for the car.

This went on for a while and while I knew things would come to a head and would need possibly something like the door panel coming off and a fix of some kind on passenger door, time prevented me from doing so as I am not mechanically minded and it would take me a long time ( I am also not very patient!)

The problem that has now arisen is when I went through the usual way of starting the car I had a warning that suggests that the PATS has failed. A fast blinking light on the dashboard. I managed to start the car but stopped it straight away to prevent any other problems.

My long winded question is, does anyone know what the problem might be?

Im thinking the door lock mechanism has failed in passenger door which would require replacing, but I do not want to do that if it is not that issue. I also do not want a main dealer to fix PATS , fix the door myself and then need them to fix PATS again, if it needs it.

All help is grateful. The car is needed to take my terminal mother in law to hospital appointments and my sick wife, so a quick fix is ideal (but very unlikely I know!) Also cheap would be ideal as we are skint!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,557 Posts
Moved to "General Technical Chat". This is a commonly asked problem and there are dozens of threads on this subject. Please use the search feature thoroughly and I am sure you will find your answer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I did search for ages but felt my problem was a bit more specific as the other problems seemed a little more straight forward, will have another look though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts