Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First, i posted a similar query earlier, but i suspect in the wrong place - apologies.

The problem is as follows. 2006 Focus, central locking works correctly on the first push of the button. On the second push, the doors on the passenger side 'deadlock', but those on the driver's side do not. The indicator lights do flash.

It seems to be happy to do half the deadlocking job! Any ideas or suggestions very welcome!!

Thanks in advance...

J

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
That's a weird one never heard of..might have to go to ford for that one man...might be a reason why no one has answered ya know.. But when you do find out and finger it out...post the solution/results back on this page for others to follow who have the same car as yours.

Good luck man!!

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
I see you're in the UK and I wondered how your deadlock works; I read that the deadlock disables the door handle and the door won't open from the inside. Is that correct?

On mine at least the lock buttons and the hatch release get disabled, but I can still open the door with the handle. I have to wait about 15 seconds for the deadlock to work after I activate it. Maybe the drivers side has a delay on your car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The deadlock does disable the interior handles (well, it should, but only does on one side) - where it is working, I can pull the handle but nothing happens...

J

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've just noticed the left side stop light isn't working either - changed the bulb, but no cigar - hopefully this isn't a sign of doom to come :(

J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts