Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys I've been trying some of the stuff you've been saying and they don't seem to be working. I have a 2001 2.0 zetec and the passenger door is the issue. It locks manually but doesn't move when using the key button. If the door is unlocked the other doors will try to lock but is unable to because that one doesn't move.( in guessing it tries because I have recently disconnected the battery so could be resetting the central locking) when I unlock the drivers door with the key. It only does the drivers door. When I do the passenger door it does all 4 doors. Central locking works when the passenger door is locked and it will open the other 3. Any suggestions i can try to resolve this? The door locks but only with the key... It is rather annoying to drive the car and the doors try to lock but is unable to because the passenger front doesn't...

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Can't quite follow your story of what tries to do what when, but it sounds like the passenger door doesn't lock or unlock electrically.

I'd look at the electrical mech. that's at the latch, simply sounds like that is not working.

You could even confirm that it's getting the power/ground signal to work, as well as trying a direct input there to test it.

·
Registered
15,560 Posts
There are two limit switches inside each doorlatch assembly.................either one not working (flimsy parts with microthin silicone sealing film over them for waterproofing) and you got issues.

There is also a planetary transmission attached to electric motor that works all by electrical, that motor down or the transmission by virtue of several broken part possibilities can make your issue.

Ford intends for you to buy every single doorlatch assembly if things are messing up there. Most of the time the latches are the issue not the module.

The latches cannot be taken apart, you destroy them to do so. I rebuild mine by drilling out rivets and retapping for bolts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My key fob is broken I normally lock the car with the key ,it use to lock and then dead lock with another turn now the deadlock only works on passenger side any ideas ford focus 02 plate

·
Registered
2 Posts
My key fob is broken and I lock drivers door with key only it use to lock and then deadlock with another turn ,now it only deadlocks when I use passenger door,it still locks on drivers side but doesn't deadlock ford focus 1.6 ghia 02 plate

·
Registered
1 Posts
My key fob is broken and I lock drivers door with key only it use to lock and then deadlock with another turn ,now it only deadlocks when I use passenger door,it still locks on drivers side but doesn't deadlock ford focus 1.6 ghia 02 plate
My 99 1.8L zetec does this occasionally. i think it's linked to the sticky microswitch problems in this thread so try to clean the goop off the microswitch gators and lubricate with something better than WD40. dielectric grease or silicon grease should do it

·
Registered
1 Posts
When using the key my central locking is working fine. But, when using the remote fob it does not. I've tried to reprogram the key but after the chime sound (which indicates that the programming mode is ON) nothing happens when I press/hold one of the fob switches. I have also tried replacing the battery and the micro switches in the fob but still the same. Then I've tried to program another fob (borrowed from my uncle, same car, same fob type) but still the same.

Any idea how to solve this issue? Central locking module is 98AG 15k600 DB, CL, RF. How to ceck if the module is OK?

My car is focus 1.8tddi 1999.

Thanks!
hi, did you ever solved this issue? I have the same problem and can't fix it.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts