·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Focus Estate 2001 1.8LX

Need some help with central locking.

This is working intermittently. [mecry]

Its affected by cold weather.

Sometimes it locks me out. In the morning, when I am warming up engine before I drive off - I am outside the car with the engine running and cleaning the windscreen. I heard a locking door locking noise. This has happened twice. Not a biggie - at home I have a spare key.

Any pointers and advice appreciated. Is it something I can do or has it got to go to a professional.

Also are there any Service Manual pages I can access

Many Thx

Edit: I've now seen Exodius' other thread on Central Locking. I am still hoping I can see the service manual pages with text and diagrams to assist removal and repair

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I posted here, lol (hint, look down)

IIRC central locking problems can be caused by a faulty Vehicle Speed Sensor/ miss-alignment of the VSS, for manual transmissions at least. Auto's I'm not sure on, transmission range sensor and VSS maybe ... ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks John. I feel my central locking prob is temp related. Warm days it works like normal. Cold days - first thing in the morning, it plays up. I am quite keen to replace the latch if the clean up does not work. But I may wait till summer now!

Anybody else? Where can I get service manual pages to remove the door latch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would really like to access the drawings from Ford Technical so that I can remove door latches on drivers and passengers side. Anyone know if I can do this on line?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts