Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the question I have is whether anyone has made this conversion to their focus and about how much something like this might cost if its even at all possible or practical? I also like the inherent performance heritage that a center locking wheel attains. I really like the aesthetic of a center locking wheel and think it would also make the changing of the wheel far more convenient. [wrenchin] But I don't know, thats just ignorance speaking.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i havn't ever seen one of those kits on a focus..however, with the right kind of money, all things are possible!

my friend has a set of rims similiar to those on his BMW...they look nice and i haven't heard of anything negative about them...he has had them for about a year.

just a warning though, expect to pay BIIIIIG bucks for center locking rims

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,977 Posts
i didnt even known of these.. interesting tho... and as teh post above i think they must be very very expensive

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
wow, never heard of those, but they would DEFINITELY make your car slick and unique. it may be expensive, but individuality is hard to come by in the tuner world. id say go for it man. like levin said, anythins possible with enough money

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
where do you buy such wheels? or even the kit?

I HAVE seen this before on cars, but never inquired where to get them

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i'm not exactly sure where he got the kit...i know that he ordered the kit and the rims online...i'll have to ask him when i see him tonight how much they were and where he got them...they def. look sweeeeeet though!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I know of a miata with this conversion done. Ill ask him tonight and ask him. I know it was not cheap by any means.

·
Banned
143 Posts
thats very cool but i dno if its worth the money/effort just for the looks. i imagine it would be very handy for those 10 second pit stops though.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I asked my friend where he got the kit from and he said that he bought it off of ebay?!:?! i haven't ever seen this kit on ebay...he spent 1600 for rims, tires and the coversion kit.

personally, i don't think it's worth it...that's enough money to go turbo...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts