Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently blacked out my center grill lense the orange ugly ones.....at night it looks real good with out those lights on. I was wondering if theres a way to have the headlights,foglights and the side marker lights on and have to grill lights light up only when i signal?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
but the middle wire on the lights i nthe grill

·
Registered
446 Posts
i think he means cut the middle wire, but imnot sure if that would mess up the other light in the series.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Its one bulb with two filaments. ( three wire in the harness and the black one is the ground) If you are not sure which wire to detach, just get a $2 light meter and check for the wire that has juice when the parking lights are on. That is the bad boy.
I don't think it will effect the the parking light circuit, but it might. If it does you can always reattach it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx for the help but now if i cut the 12v to the lights will that disable my use of the turn signals from those center lights?....what i would like to have is head lights fog lights and side lights on at all times....and have the center ones off unless im using them to signal[???:)] [???:)] [???:)] [?|]

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Said the guy 12 years later LOL..............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts