Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so whats the word with these centerforce clutches? i am gointo get a clutch/flywheel and was thinking of getting this if its not crap.

i dont need to much holding power b/c im prob. goin to stay all motor, at least for another 2 years.

also, are there certain kind of flywheels that fit certain kind of clutches? or does a mtx75 flywheel fit a mtx75 clutch?[scratch]

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I was looking at one too, seeing as how it's the same price as the OEM clutch disc/pressure plate, I was going to go for it. Although I don't know much about Center Force clutches.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive heard that sometimes a new clutch wont fit an old flywheel or maybe it was vise versa

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bumpty bumpty

c'mon i know someone has to have bought one of these b/c they are so cheap

·
Registered
975 Posts
i have a centerforce with fidanza flywheel.
it feels just like stock but hold more power.
iv been to the track a few times and have played with Drag radials and it hasnt slipped.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have one with a fidanza flywheel. I like it. Holds very well, hasn't slipped at all even after a few passes at the track. I have almost 30k miles on it and never had a problem.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im glad that the centerforce clutch has a good rep. b/c i was planning on getting one along with the fidanza

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a CenterForce DF clutch with a FC flywheel. Has the same feel as stock but with better holding power. No slipping problems here. I've also used these CF DF clutches on my big block Chevys (650+hp) with excellent results.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im sold on the centerforce clutch. i was just about to order one when i got nervous about the low price so i wanted to do some research first.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
i have one on my car. i have had no problems with it. holds very good. just remember to change the throw out bearing.....it does not come with the clutch kit. dual friction one......i wonder how much power is it good for?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think it says it hold 90% more than stock but i dont know how much the stocker will hold either, ya know?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts