Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wondering if there's such a thing has a black center console without an armrest and the two cup holders in place that has one button slot for only traction control like so
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418535083.940536.jpg
I just saw a picture of a Steeda STS and need to get rid of this armrest crap asap (been wanting to do so since I got the car I hate it but now it's urgent haha)
So if anyone knows if there's such a thing please let me know and maybe has one in great condition, you have a buyer right here!

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
You'll be looking for a center console from an SVT. None had the armrest but used the same cup holders. Just know that not all SVT consoles have the cutout for the traction control button.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
That + some earlier focus console w/o the arm rest, but like said above not all had the t/c cut out.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it possible that there would be one with just one cut out or is it only none or three cut outs

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Is it possible that there would be one with just one cut out or is it only none or three cut outs
Some of the earlier mk1's had t/c's. You'd just have to check it out.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,211 Posts
Your shifter bezel should pop out, right? So you have the one button piece. Theoretically you just have to find the right 3 button non-armrest console. I know for a fact that the SVT bezel doesn't fit the other non-SVT consoles, the clips are different, which makes things complicated.

I've heard of an SVT that had heated seat elements and the wiring, he just needed the buttons. Maybe check to see if you have heated seat paraphernalia, then you can get the easy to find 3-button set up.

Then there are the "deleted option plugs". Not as clean, and too many constantly remind you that you're driving the lesser model, lol

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
You can always just cut your own hole for it. Wont be perfect like the OEM ones but it should look good enough. Should be far easier to just find a center console with out the armrest than one so specific.

I cut both of mine when i added heated seats, you can tell the right one is as perfect. you can tell i went a smidge too large on the right button but again, cant tell unless staring at it. Its not something any of my passengers have noticed, they just assumed it came that way.Not the best picture but they are equal distance apart from the shifter and sides. I just measure off/taped where i wanted and with at with a drill bit. Just kept test fitting with the buttons until they fit.

Only real difference is they probably sit a few mm than what the oem's would

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hey ZeeXfive. I'm currently trying to sell a center console w/out the armrest that has the three hole cutouts. I ended up not using it because I had no need for the three holes and got one that had none. My initial intentions were going to fabricate something up to cover the holes with, small little plates, cut to the same dimensions and fastened inside. I'm positive you could do the same if you wanted to. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, all options are possible, the piece that holds the switches pops out and all SVT and some early ZX3s came with out armrest. I have several combinations that I could get rid of.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, all options are possible, the piece that holds the switches pops out and all SVT and some early ZX3s came with out armrest. I have several combinations that I could get rid of.
One always wants what he doesn't have. I have the console without the armrest, and of course I'm looking for a black console with the armrest and no button holes for my early ZX3. Any leads?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for your response.

When it rains it pours! I just made a deal with obe1 for his. Post some pictures anyway, I'd like to see what a base model's console with the armrest looks like.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts