Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. I've done a lot of research and after digging into my own center console, I've determined that it should be no problem to put a different console that has an armrest in its place. The wiring for the 12v outlet will reach and I don't need a sub port or audio in inside the armrest so I can leave that unplugged.

Now the question of the hour: Do I buy one off eBay for $100 shipped or do I not? It includes the entire center console body and armrest. All of the panels will match up no problem.

Thoughts? Opinions?

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, nothing was coming up. I went ahead and ordered the console today. Been waiting on one this price for a long time. If I were to have gotten it brand new I'd easily be out $350.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You may need to replace the two fasteners that hold the front of large side trim panels to the console assembly - they are plastic and will probably break when you remove them. The fasteners are located under pop-off covers near the front of the panels. The reference number for the fasteners for the SE console on fordparts.com is 046S44.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I know exactly which ones you're talking about but didn't know the part number. I've had my console apart a couple times now and am in need of new ones. I'm gonna order a couple. Thank you very much for the info! I used your reference to find the actual part number for those fasteners.

CV6Z-58519A16-AB <-black

That's for the black one. There's a different pet number for the exposed one on the left for people who have the medium light stone interior.

CV6Z-58519A16-AA <- medium light stone

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435073278.274722.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435073322.024358.jpg

Item number six is the fastener. The top diagram is the consolette the bottom diagram is for the low line armrest console. There is a third diagram for the highline console but the point of posting these is to show the fasteners. Hope this helps anyone whose looking. Thanks to morrjr for the lead on finding the part!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Great Addition! and a good price too.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How come you needed a new one? Or do the "S" models not have a console as standard equipment.

P.S. I'm hoping you plan on posting B&A pictures [werd]

Oh I've got a console. It's just the little cubby hole one though. No arm rest. S models get a steering wheel, shifter, and pedals lol! So my console with armrest is on its way. I'm definitely going to do a right up. Since I got this one from a junker I'm going to find out what kind of harness it has when it gets here. If I can I'm going to get the harness to hook it all up and see if I can use focccus to unlock it but I also have the base radio, so I don't think that part will work lol.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I got it! It's all here.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435359469.721882.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435359481.326569.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435359494.767015.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435359507.272826.jpg

All the panels, all the trim, and all the wiring. I just need to clean it up but, look at what you can get for $100!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435361694.228300.jpg
Minus the audio in and usb port I should be able to use the new wire harness with this console and have both the 12v outlets useable at the very least.

I'm going to have to do some research and see if I can't find the wire harness for the radio so I can make those parts functional. :wiggle: I feel like a kid in a candy store!

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got it installed!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435366444.689779.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435366476.174337.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435366496.783846.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435366517.291605.jpg

No codes with the new harness because the receiving end doesn't have the wiring for the line in or USB port. So I've got 2 functional 12v points and no codes to go with my new arm rest!!

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! I'm pretty stoked about it!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435374087.861873.jpg
One last picture, I was hiding from a thunderstorm while I was taking the other ones.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Congrats on the install - it looks great, and I'm sure you will appreciate the added comfort and functionality.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Looks good, maybe you should.swap in the whole media section now...add nav, mytouch and
All that.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks good, maybe you should.swap in the whole media section now...add nav, mytouch and
All that.
Thanks! I wish I could do that.
I would have to get a new body control module and wire harnesses to do that. I don't have the knowledge of those systems to even begin trying to do that, much as I'd like to.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Thanks! I wish I could do that.
I would have to get a new body control module and wire harnesses to do that. I don't have the knowledge of those systems to even begin trying to do that, much as I'd like to.
Ah, maybe it's more work for a S, there's a few guys that have swapped it, but maybe they have higher trim focus so it's not so much work.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts