Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Console Issue: I don't know about any of you, but I absolutely hate the center console!

I hate that the armrest is designed for automatic driving, not shifting. I hate that it takes up so much space on the floor (it's huge!) and in the backseat floor area (no one is ever there ... but it's the thought of it!) and I hate it; in general.

I had heard there is a different version without armrest, possibly in the SVT cars but cannot get a picture of it anywhere to see if I would like it. I have a part number in my ford focus service manual, so I'll venture to the dealer soon and check it out, probably end up buying it off a ford parts discounted website still depending on price ... but seriously; any other alternatives?

I ran without a console for about 6 months earlier in the year, but it's a hassle without cupholders and looks bad all exposed like that ... any suggestions? know anyone who does custom ones?

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
What color is your interior? I have a charcoal black center console w/o the armrest that I might be willing to sell [thumb].

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's black. I should've got it on ebay when I had the chance ... I found one for $19.99 + S&H but I didn't bid on it (I know - crazy price) but we'll have to see. I'm going to check with ford and see what's going on. Do you have any pics of it in the mean time?

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
I'm house sitting for my family this week so I'm gonna be away from my PC untill Sunday. I'll post some pics then.

I might be willing to let it go for $50 plus shipping [thumb]

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright, let me know. I'll check with ford later this weekend hopefully. enjoy the house to yourself : )

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
post wanting to trade the one you don't want for the one you want. I know I traded out for a armrest. Might get a taker

·
Registered
829 Posts
I'm thinking about making a new one out of fiberglass and mdf. The cupholders are in the wrong place and the tray storage sucks. I am happy with the armrest and will be removing the mounting bracket and joining it to my new console. Unfortunately, I leave for school in two weeks and have no time to do it this season. I'll post something later on in the year to let you know how it turned out.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have a black center console without an armrest. Its an 05 though, I dont know if its the same. If you want ill trade.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know if an 05 would fit my set-up? I wouldn't mind trading, it's just sitting in my garage right now, apparently shipping is crazy on these things though, maybe because they're oversize or something?

·
Registered
450 Posts
They look the same. Just have to find out about the mounting holes. They should be the same. Does your console have any damage to it?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
none i've noticed, i'll check and let you know, look for a pm or another post on here tonight .... sounds very promising : )

·
Registered
696 Posts
Man, I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I got the same problem, but in an ST. I hate that damn consol and the engineer who thought, "great spot to put this and F*&^ with the mtx lovers!" [?|]

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nuttypet check your pm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts