Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here and sorry if this has already been discussed or if this is the wrong area to ask, but I just bought a new 2014 Focus in November. As of now, I have put 9k on the odometer and it had 7 miles when I drove off the lot. Everything has been fine and dandy and am loving it the gas mileage ( did own a 4wd 2009 Nissan Xterra) but there is a rattle that has gradually gotten louder over the past 2 months that seems like it's coming from under the center console. Was thinking about undoing the bolts and check under there for maybe something loose but just scared about messing something up since this is my 1st brand new car. Has anyone else had this rattle come up? Any fixes? May try to take off the armrest part this evening and see. Thanks

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
New here and sorry if this has already been discussed or if this is the wrong area to ask, but I just bought a new 2014 Focus in November. As of now, I have put 9k on the odometer and it had 7 miles when I drove off the lot. Everything has been fine and dandy and am loving it the gas mileage ( did own a 4wd 2009 Nissan Xterra) but there is a rattle that has gradually gotten louder over the past 2 months that seems like it's coming from under the center console. Was thinking about undoing the bolts and check under there for maybe something loose but just scared about messing something up since this is my 1st brand new car. Has anyone else had this rattle come up? Any fixes? May try to take off the armrest part this evening and see. Thanks
If you put your arm on the armrest while driving, the rattle goes away? If yes, it's probably the hatch of the console that is loose.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah it seems like it's right under the cup holder area. I think I have a video of the noise if I can find it. Seen someone had sort of the same issue but it ended up being the passenger buckle so they just clicker the seat belt in. Tried that and negative

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi _huro_,

The only things that should have rattles are snakes and babies. :p I want to dive into this a bit deeper. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had very irritating rattle from here:

But a touch of wd-40 fixed it. My friend helped me identify the actual spot by pressing on different parts with his finder while we were driving on a rough road. I sprayed like a tiny drop of wd40 in that corner and it instantly got inside, I wiped the top with a paper towel and the rattle is gone (9 month later still OK, will re-spray if it comes back)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts