Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever painted thier center console? if so post a pic i wanna kno what it will look like.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I know CaysE painted his euro center console black and it turned out nice. If you do a search for some of his interior pics you can see the results.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
search the "interior paint" how to, tons of ppl have posted their pics there. or just wait, im sure lots of ppl will post pics here. its been done quite a bit =)

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok cool now im talking about the center console as like where the shifter is and the parking brake, thats the console im talking about is that the same that u are?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
This is an old picture but is this what you are looking for?

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm thats nice, i was also thinking about the whole thing painted, idk your guys's thoughts? woudl it look ricey?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I guess that depends what color you're going to paint it. If you're going with a factory color, then it should look fine. BTW, yes, people have painted the whole thing before. I don't have any pics offhand, but I'm sure a search will turn up some results with pictures. Out of curiosity, what color were you thinking of?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i saw a fofo once with the whole interior painted one color. to me it's a little much and overwhelming. the same reason why manufaturers use multiple tones (colors) within the interior...

...but hey, who am I to say, it's your car, do it the way you want it!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
i painted mine black and white, check out my gallery, i should have some pics there. I redid my entire interior from gray to black and white.

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess that depends what color you're going to paint it. If you're going with a factory color, then it should look fine. BTW, yes, people have painted the whole thing before. I don't have any pics offhand, but I'm sure a search will turn up some results with pictures. Out of curiosity, what color were you thinking of?
i was wanting to paint it a royal blue like my dash pieces are painted

its actually a little darker then this picture

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Here's my ST170 console before I bought it:

A whole can of flat black later:

And in the car... you can see how well the rubber inserts match the console now:

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Well... i ordered a wood grain ghia console BNIB from europe. I jsut discovered my shifter surround is INTERGRATED with the console. Damn you automatic.

So... when i get it, im gonna sell that with the matching radio surround =p

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Ooo... I need some good pics of that console. I believe that's the one with the Ghia badge next to the shifter.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
^HAHAHA!!! =p that blows man. when u get it can u send me sum pics? i might be interested in buyin =)

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
CaysE's console is hawt.

CaysE, is that a ST170 console? i frickin love it! i despise our retarded rear cupholders

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Technically, the one I have is from a Mk1 facelift Ghia sedan since it has the blackwood trim. I never really minded the rear cupholders; it's the way the US console transitions into the dash that I really hate.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Yeah, mine is the prefacelift shifter surround. heres a pic from the actual auction

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Kickass, man... I've been looking for a good pic of that for a long time. [thumb]

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Well when it comes in ill be sure to post hi res pix hahaha! its a shame i have to sell it.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
i painted my whole console gloss black after adding my tcs switch from my factory one (couldnt find an svtone, and i'll be changing to a euro one. but here's a pic of mine

1 - 20 of 22 Posts