Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, i checked my tb and aem cai. they both seem to be good. i tighten the clamps just to make sure that everything was on there. i reset the computer and drove home with no problems but then i turned off the car for 20 min and the cel is back on. also, i keep hearing this i need to know what you think. my aem short ram intake doesnt make a deep hollow sound like some people told me it would. instead when i gas it, it sounds like a mini turbo. i dont care about the sound eventhough id opt for the deep hollow sound but i want to know if this is ok. someone told me that it was installed wrong or i should check my install which i did. also it was a 2002 cai that i put on my 03 cause thats what the company sent me. when i matched it up, everything went on perfect so i dont think that was the problem.
thanks

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
They don't make a "deep hollow sound". I don't know who told you that, but they are full of sh#$! They make a whining sound, kind of like a turbo.
Take it somewhere and see what code it is throwing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
ya, they dont. but before i got my intake i cut my stock box at the bottom and it made a really deep noise. maybe that is what they are talking about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts