Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what happened, but after flashing my ECU to the Cobb stage 1 tune i got that engine code about a half hour into driving.. The car acts no different, just thowing that code.

Maybe i don't have the correct parts to run a stage 1? I just got the car but from what I can tell, its got a bigger front mount intercooler, blow off valve is directly on the driverside intercooler piping so could that indicate possibly a bigger turbo? i was told the stock one has it built into the turbo its self. Injen intake, snow performance MWI, and i THINK a downpipe, the exhaust tips look like the stock tips, but the exhaust is really load so im thinking stock exhaust aftermarket downpipe. might be more but i havent checked yet.

w/ my magic bag
I'd bet you have a catless d/p......IDK what tune parameters you have. I'd figure out what tune & what it deletes.....

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
It's the stock stage 1 tune off a cobb v3 accessport, I'll do a little research and see if I can find out all it does indepth.

Registered
I'd bet you have a catless d/p......IDK what tune parameters you have. I'd figure out what tune & what it deletes.....
Not allowed to turn off emissions OBD2 codes. EPA has been cracking down. Not aware of ANY flash tuners currently available that allow access to emissions OBD2. I agree with you about the down pipe. My only question is, If that car is that modified, WTF is he doing flashing a COBB stage 1 tune. Need to know what you have before you start playing with it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not for sure I have a down pipe, I've had the car a few days, if I have a down pipe awesome I can go stage 2-3, being at a stage 1 isn't going to hurt anything.. Rather be safe running a stage 1THINKING I can run a stage 2 rather than running a stage 2 and not actually having the parts to do it. Either way something has to be done with the exhaust and like I said exhaust tips look stock, so I'm leaning towards having a downpipe as well.. Does the stage 2 flash get rid of that code?

w/ my magic bag
Not allowed to turn off emissions OBD2 codes. EPA has been cracking down. Not aware of ANY flash tuners currently available that allow access to emissions OBD2. I agree with you about the down pipe. My only question is, If that car is that modified, WTF is he doing flashing a COBB stage 1 tune. Need to know what you have before you start playing with it.
This^^^I'd figure out what was done to it. What'd the guy say was modified? What'd he do? If your not sure or know what to look for, REALLY best to take it to a shop that knows what they're doing. Great question is why your reflashing a tune for?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I know what to look for just only had this car for a few days and it's snowing outside and I don't want to get under it right now but seeing how it's louder than my v8 truck and looks to have the stock exhaust tips I'm almost positive I've got a downpipe. And I'm just doing it to do it. Im completely new to all this, and if I blow up the car so be it lol it's just a toy for me. Obviously Im not trying to blow anything up but if I do I've got multiple other vehicles to choose from haha probably just going to throw a spacer on the O2 and call it a day.

w/ my magic bag
Why not do it right to begin with? Throwing a spacer on the o2 sensor isn't going to make it run right. If your new to modifying turbo cars, Why not have a pro shop get it running right? It'd sure be less hassell on you & your c/c & the car would run strong.

Registered
Not sure what happened, but after flashing my ECU to the Cobb stage 1 tune i got that engine code about a half hour into driving.. The car acts no different, just thowing that code.

Maybe i don't have the correct parts to run a stage 1? I just got the car but from what I can tell, its got a bigger front mount intercooler, blow off valve is directly on the driverside intercooler piping so could that indicate possibly a bigger turbo? i was told the stock one has it built into the turbo its self. Injen intake, snow performance MWI, and i THINK a downpipe, the exhaust tips look like the stock tips, but the exhaust is really load so im thinking stock exhaust aftermarket downpipe. might be more but i havent checked yet.
For the Focus ST, as far as Power train upgrades go, general rules follows:

Stage 1 - Accessport Tune and a Cold Air intake Kit.

Stage 2 - Accessport Tune, Cold Air Intake Kit and a larger Front Mount
Intercooler.

Stage 3 - Accessport Tune, Cold Air Intake Kit, a larger Front Mount
Intercooler, Cat-back Exhaust System with the stock down pipe or
with a replacement down pipe with a catalytic converter.

Stage 4 - Everything listed in the Stage 3 parts list except the down pipe is
without a catalytic converter, a "straight pipe/race downpipe".

(Stage 4 is available from fswerks.com, it's what I run.)

Like the guys were saying, you need to see what's installed on the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts