Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So out of the 3-4 CD's I've put into the car none of them have pulled up the Artist, track any of that. I've played around with it a bit but just can't seem to get anything to register. Am I doing something wrong or does anyone know how to fix this?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Are these CD's store-bought albums or burned mixes? I've only put a couple store-bought albums in but they worked great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They all have been store bought.... :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Put the cd in something else, like a laptop and see if they come up. If not then it's not coded to the cd.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have only found a few new CD's to be coded with track info, but not all. This displays correctly when it has been coded. I don't think it's a problem with the head unit.

BTW, I have the regular CD head unit (no MFT)

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Store bought cds will only come up if the album is in the in car database as .wav files have no tagging built into the file format. A burned .wav cd won't pull anything up. A burned mp3 cd has all the info built into each file and will all pull up. You may want to rip the cd and reburn it as part of a larger mp3 compilation or put it on a usb drive because honestly what year is it, who uses cds?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
I have only found a few new CD's to be coded with track info, but not all. This displays correctly when it has been coded. I don't think it's a problem with the head unit.

BTW, I have the regular CD head unit (no MFT)
Without MFT you're not going to get them on store bought.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You may want to rip the cd and reburn it as part of a larger mp3 compilation or put it on a usb drive because honestly what year is it, who uses cds?
Please don't start this debate again.[nono]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL alright went and tried a few more in the Focus and a couple started to pull up, sadly some of the ones that didnt pull up were just a few months old. And yes I plan on getting all my itunes songs converted over to MP3 and throwing them on a flash drive...till then I will continue to use my archaic CD's [poke]

·
Registered
882 Posts
Put the cd in something else, like a laptop and see if they come up. If not then it's not coded to the cd.

Posted via FF Mobile
It doesn't have to be coded to the CD. The MFT system has it's own GraceNote database. It's obviously not all-inclusive, but it should be pretty wide. I've put 3-4 store-bought CDs (big name bands) in and it didn't grab a thing for any of them.

Then again, I don't even remember the last time I listened to a CD...thought that was the point of an iPod/USB stick.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It doesn't have to be coded to the CD. The MFT system has it's own GraceNote database. It's obviously not all-inclusive, but it should be pretty wide. I've put 3-4 store-bought CDs (big name bands) in and it didn't grab a thing for any of them.

Then again, I don't even remember the last time I listened to a CD...thought that was the point of an iPod/USB stick.
Not familiar with mft as we don't have it over here yet, sounds like it's a pain. My store bought CDs all come up with track names with no problems. Tend to use iPod though.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
967 Posts
I think out of all the CD's I've ever bought during my entire lifetime only 2 of them I can remember supporting this feature.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Without MFT you're not going to get them on store bought.
Sorry, dude, but you're wrong about that. That said, CD's that have the coding do seem to be rare. It is a novel feature, but (IMHO) not a very important one.

BTW, the reason behind listening to CDs is for the vastly superior sound quality vs. MP3s. While MP3s are OK for the car (the std. Focus setup isn't that great), on a quality home audio setup, they are intolerable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts