Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home the this wednesday I saw a silver foci on the ford lot....Four door rims and uero lights I thought wow!!!NEW foci..Turns out to be a ZX5 SVT...BIG rebates blah blah-----Test drive [?|] [?|] [?|] Turns out I love my little ZX3-S2..Not to toot my horn but I was not impressed. I have a couple of mods and IT was sssllllooooowwwwww....Please don~t flac me to hard you guys![???:)]

·
Registered
525 Posts
I've driven a ZX3 SVT and yeah the power increase really isn't impressive, the handling on the other hand was very nice...BUT I just installed Ford Racing shocks/struts and H&R Lowering springs on my 03 plain jane ZX3...so I'm happy!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the sportlines and struts with all the goods..Mine handles like its on rails..I loved the interior..I would kill for the seats the wiper switch-radio controls etc......But I make alot more H.P.....AND edit/// torque

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm suprised you found the car slow. I've driven the zx3 and own the svt and find the svt pulls much harder. I'm wondering if you were driving one with the t/c because it does fall on its face when accellerating if the t/c is engaged. The t/c is non defeatable under 30km (~17mph) so you'll have to learn a different system for accellerating from a stop ie. release the cluch slowly while pressing the throttle. Also when driven hard the svt suspension and brakes really shine. You probably just drove the car a few blocks and didn't get to really appreciate the car. The svtf is by no means a 1/4m tire burner but more of an auto-x er.

·
Registered
56 Posts
silver02svtf..

well said. I drove a zx3 with an intake on it while the dealership put in my alarm. After I got back in the SVT I thought the pull was quite a bit better. And no doubt on the handling being better. It seems like the harder you work the suspension, the bigger it laughs @you! I am very pleased with ZX5svtf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts