Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Smoked or Clear corners

• Smoked

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Clear

Votes: 16 53.3%

CD silver ZX3 Smoked or clear corners?

1744 Views 25 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Kayak_man
Just looking for some feedback on which side marker corner lights to put? Clear or smoked. My car is Cd silver with Gunmetal w/polished lip Slipstreams featuring a two tone silver with black down the roof and hood. Any feedback appreciated.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· all grown up
4,389 Posts
get clear and then if you don't like it get some VHT niteshades and smoke 'em. I was going to smoke mine and put on too much and now they're black. I don't like 'em black esp. on a white car...I wanted to get new orange one's and then paint them white to match my car...but leave like a little hole in the middle where it's orange so light can shine through.

· Registered
962 Posts
i like mine blacked out.

pic:

· Registered
962 Posts
nightshade/clear coat, and some good masking.

· Registered
962 Posts
they are 18 x 7.5 oz records..no longer have them anymore though which makes me :(

· Registered
4,615 Posts
FranticFocus05 said:
Blacked out for sure!!!!!!

My baby!
ooh la la

you got silverstar turn signal bulbs too?

· Registered
549 Posts
Silverstar turn signal bulbs, the side markers I left stock at night they dont shine bright but are visable and have a deep deep orange almast red color to them. Havent gottin in trouble and I drive around cops every day, lights on and off.

Blacking out my head lights when I get of work tonight, really hoping that adds to the look I am going after.

· Sticker Whore
11,851 Posts
^^ blacking out your headlights? wooo isnt that a bit much? im sure the cops around here would kill us for that...

as for the corner issues... i just ordered some clears not 20 min. ago... id say clear so if you dont like them night shade them or whatever to darken them... thats what ima do!!

· Registered
549 Posts
zx360 said:
^^ blacking out your headlights? wooo isnt that a bit much? im sure the cops around here would kill us for that...

as for the corner issues... i just ordered some clears not 20 min. ago... id say clear so if you dont like them night shade them or whatever to darken them... thats what ima do!!
HAHA ohhh no not black out the covers... I am talking about I took them apart and am painting the insides black other then the silver around the turn bulb and behind the headlight. Since they dont yet make aftermarket headlight for the 05 I am doing it custom like some other have.

Here is an idea of what it will look like..... Thanks to James on FocusRush haha hope you dont mind me using your car!

· Registered
556 Posts
Wow, those blacked out headlights look really nice. I was never a fan of the 05 front end, honestly, but that make it look really nice. Smoking those signals would really complete the look. Great work!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.