Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one had a problem with the cd player not ejecting the cd? I purchased my focus secondhand and after a few days it has stopped ejecting the cd. Fine if I want to listen to Hilltop Hoods for the rest of the cars life, still it could have been Barry Manilow, or Michael Jackson [whip][:0][offtopic]
Before I take it back to a Ford Dealer I want to see if I can fix it but I cant see how to remove the front plastic cover, the 2 square holes either side look like they may be the way to do it but I have tried small screwdrivers down them and no luck. I dont want to use a lot of force in case I break something. Is there a trick to it??
Cheers
Ray

· фанатик
5,347 Posts
[welcome]

I'm on my third stock head unit for this very same problem. If you can take it back, just do that. The only fix I know of, is to replace the head unit.

You are right about the little squares. You'll need these though, not a screwdriver.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont want to disconnect the battery yet, the previous owner couldn't find the pin number to reactivate the unit. I'm going to try to grab the cd with a pair of tweezers first. I figure it doesn't matter if I stuff it up more and I might just get it working.
Cheers
Ray

· I.S.A.I.K.I.
8,465 Posts
Don't grab the CD with tweezers, so try this first.

Find a laminated Blockbuster card, or something comparable like a library card, out of your wallet. Hit the eject button to get the CD tray in motion. As the player is making noise, slide the laminated card into the center of the CD slot and wiggle it around a bit. You'll probably have to do this several times to fish the CD out. Eventually you'll feel the CD tray push the CD out.

This is better than scratching up the area around the CD slot or scratching the internals....

· Registered
30 Posts
So I am having trouble with my CD player.It wont eject.i have six CD's.two of which are new.they are regular CD's.I have this problem before and the player fixed itself prevously.now its stuck.permanitely.I am tempted to get in the guts of the player and do the job myself.I spoke to the Ford dealer service guy and he said itll be 200 dollars.i dont feel like putting out that kind of money for something might be able to do.I can put a CD in the slot which tells me the CD's are stuck underneath the ejector slot.
Any suggestions? Thanks a lot

· Registered
19,376 Posts
If the earlier Visteon 6 CD player then they are known for eating them. Search youtube for videos showing how to remove the CDs. 6006 model I'm thinking, I rebuilt one based on that vid.

The plastic covered loading ramp is garbage, the plastic cracks to fall apart from heat, then won't load/unload discs right.

· Registered
30 Posts

this is the my car has.i took the fuse out for out for a few seconds but that didnt do much of any thing.the funny part is that it has the cd i wanted to my girl friend haha.
thank you for the information.im gonna remove the fuse and give it a couple or more days to plug the fuse back in.i read on a website that this acts as a reset.but like you said it could be the plastic is cracked.(i dont know why car mfr's have to use the cheapest stuff on the market.)
thanks again

· Registered
19,376 Posts
Nope that's not it. Pull the unit and look for identifying maker/model and research it like I did mine. Someone out there in electronic limbo will know.

· Registered
30 Posts
well i found the problem.the last tray(if thats what its called)got stuck underneath a piece of metal.at least the cds are out now.but im being cheap as it gets and got a power inverter and a boobox.that will last me for a while till i get a new cd player.

· Registered
1 Posts
Don't grab the CD with tweezers, so try this first.

Find a laminated Blockbuster card, or something comparable like a library card, out of your wallet. Hit the eject button to get the CD tray in motion. As the player is making noise, slide the laminated card into the center of the CD slot and wiggle it around a bit. You'll probably have to do this several times to fish the CD out. Eventually you'll feel the CD tray push the CD out.

This is better than scratching up the area around the CD slot or scratching the internals....
Just tried it with 'da Kroger card'-COMPLETELY WORKS! Thanks for saving my Metallica Black Album!![headbang]

· Focus Hoarder
4,099 Posts
hehe sounds like Fords sticky grease has hit again...

ford radios are prone to sticking on eject due to the crap grease OR the pinch rollers are dirty and have no friction.. easy fix if you want to spend the time if you need i can make a how to instructions on how to open it get to the cd tray clean and fix the guides and clean the pinch rollers...

i have not opened my 06 so i do not know if they used a belt to drive the eject tray if they did the belt may be bad,if not its probably just super sticky grease ( they use this crap grease in the door latches hence some focuses back doors refuse to latch closed when opened and takes several slams and holding to get it to grab

1 - 20 of 27 Posts