Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 6 disc cd player with mp3. but jus this past week, it has been as you can say "skipping" on some cds some of the time. its not because the cds are scratched cuz i burn a new one everyday. and the don't skip in the same spot. most of my cds have over 100 songs on them and are mp3. i just don't kno whats up with it. i love it and don't want to have to buy a new cd player. i was jus wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Yeah mine kept doing that as well and then it just stopped working all together. Wouldnt switch CD's or even play them. I ended up just replacing it with a JVC model for around 250.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Where is the 6 disc changer located? In the trunk?

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no its in the dash. the slot takes all 6 discs. and jetrinka is the jvc a 6 disc? do you have a link?

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i kno how to do the install. its very simple. its jus that i have the 6 disc and its such a roylaty not having to take out the cd and change to another one. i have a wide variety of music i listen to. and it goes good with my steering wheel volume control that i will lose if i buy a new cd. did you lose your controls with the new cd player? the controls on the wheel i mean. plus it makes my diamond audio d9 sub hit so damn hard.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Well if you buy and aftermarket deck you can prob buy a 6 disc CD changer for it. It will cost you a little extra but if that is what you really want. Or better yet you can use an ipod or mp3 player.

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to tell you the truth i would jus rather keep my stock cd player and pray it fixes itself. but i will probably end up getting a cd player with a changer. i have been looking. onlinecarstereo.com is the cheapest around. i get alot of stuff for my cars from there. fast shipping and GREAT prices.

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
X2

It's so much easier and you can hold a butt-load of songs.
then i would have to buy a cd player that has a aux output for my ipod. even tho there is a aux button on my stock cd player. i dont kno where the aux input is but there is a button for it. but i have never liked the sound quality an ipod gives off when you have it hooked up. i have over $1500 in my fofos stereo. so i have to have quality input. and quality sound coming out my speakers

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
If you hook this up to your stock stereo it will give you the Aux hookup to your ipod. It is what i used until I got a new deck. The quality wasn't as good as CD's but it was pretty close.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Yeah i lost control of the wheel controls. No biggie for me though. And I also like having just one disc instead of six.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts