Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
I put a magnaflow on my sedan. I don't think the ones for the ZX3 fit.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
if it fits a ZX5, it should fit a SE same amount of doors, just different body style. I believe i ordered a ZX5 Magnaflow for mine and i paid $267 shipped to my door, but that was 2 years ago.......gotta love the cost of inflation [nutkick]

·
Registered
170 Posts
No,the back half of the ZX5 is different.You must use the one for the sedan.They are on Ebay most of the time for around $300 bucks.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
that's interesting because mine said ZX5 on the box [8]....they're the same. Why do you think the rear end is different enough to say that the ZX5 exhaust won't fit...i'm very curious.....

If anything the ZX5 might be smaller underneath, and my tip doesn't stick out nearly as far out as the other exhaust i've seen......

If you want the same exhaust for cheap, check out Trubendz.com. they have basically the same exhausts at Magnaflow, but cheaper. They use a muffler (magnaflow, borla) and use piping either SS or Aluminzied steel. Cheaper than the magnaflows or borla you'd find anywhere else...

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
how?

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
the section after the axle to end of the zx3/5 bumper is about 6 inches shorter than the bumper of the sedan. i went through this problem when i bought my exhaust (svt borla) and i had to have an extension fitted so that the tip would reach the final hanger and the bumper.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm geting an MBRP cat back too, nice price at $239 + $40 S&H. I've heard good things, and it scored well among the ten tested ... don't remember site I read that on though ...

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
THe MBRP is in my very near future.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
pLaYa2284 said:
I'm geting an MBRP cat back too, nice price at $239 + $40 S&H. I've heard good things, and it scored well among the ten tested ... don't remember site I read that on though ...
FocalJet did an exhaust shootout, however for the sedans I think options are pretty much limited to FocusSport, Trubendz (magnaflow / borla), Magnaflow, MBRP, and eBay...
It wouldn't be hard to custom fit a zx3 exhaust to the sedan though if you found one you really fell in love with (HKS, anyone?[:D])

1 - 14 of 14 Posts