Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into getting a catback ordered and have been looking around on ebay. They have some pretty cheap ones that dont really seem to have a brand just a generic ones. Does anyone have one of those? Better yet a video of what one might sound like?

·
Registered
175 Posts
ebay has obx r catback exhausts, for focus's and hks hi- powers , and the used to have 5zigen fireballs which are nice but i haven't heard on a foci. All of these are name brand and all sound good, i would go with the hks hi-power though. just type in hks hi power exhaust for ford focus zx3 and it will pop up, this exhaust is also carb legal if that matters to you. or u can go my route.... i didnt wanna run a resonator anyway because they tend to sometimes make the exhaust a little quieter, so i bought a greddy ti-c muffler off ebay its one of the best tuner/sport compact mufflers out there they dont have it in a full cat system for focus's though so since i didnt want the resonator anyway i just bought the muffler which was like 280 shipped and paid 80 dollars to have the muffler shop install 2.5 inch piping all the way down and install the muffler, and later on ima throw a magnaflow cat on it and a svt header to make it sound a little better. But as it is with the piping and the muffler it has a deep sound when started up, when its at idle its a sleeper, but when your driving it under any condition its got a deep but about medium loud sound it seems louder than a magnaflow or fswerks exhaust as it is. and its a really clean sound, just giving u a few options. And good luck with your new exhaust :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
You will want to run a resonator if you have plans to install a Race Header, it becomes stupid loud with a race header on a one muffler system. 14" Resonator will give you a nice deep sound and quiet it down, 18" sounds very nice on these cars and can still get really loud when needed.

Trubendz makes a great kit for the focus along with Fswrks.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Get a real job.
Buy real exhaust.

Stop buying crap parts from ebay!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
lol. the ones on ebay, well, you get what you pay for. go w/ mbrp, borla, magnaflow, trubendz, etc. those cheap ebay hack jobs will rust out in less than 2 years and you'll kick urself in the butt!

·
Registered
8 Posts
A lot of people bad mouth the ebay exhaust because the metal that's used for the piping is thinner than the higher end exhaust systems. This is true, I have a ebay exhaust on my car and I have no problems with it. It doesn't sound like a fart can thank god, which I was afraid of. The silencer doesn't do a thing IMO sounds the same so I threw it away. Lastly I'm not a fan of the big ass 4inch tip used.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a magnaflow HFC, 4"x14" Resonator & 6"X14" Muffler in my Trubendz kit and it sounds really nice. I can supply some sound clips at idle and on the drag strip paired up to a 4-1 race header.

The only other brand I would recommend would be Borla, they also sound and perform really well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A lot of people bad mouth the ebay exhaust because the metal that's used for the piping is thinner than the higher end exhaust systems. This is true, I have a ebay exhaust on my car and I have no problems with it. It doesn't sound like a fart can thank god, which I was afraid of. The silencer doesn't do a thing IMO sounds the same so I threw it away. Lastly I'm not a fan of the big ass 4inch tip used.
could you post a vid of this one? I was worried that the 4in tip would look stupid but i did find one with a 3 inch. ALLOUT that would be cool if you could supply one as well thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
ill shoot a WOT tomorrow. that was shifting around 3.5-4k
I've got some tinny sounds after 4.5K, but you can never get away from that.

I say my VCT Just kicked in.... JK...

·
Registered
8 Posts
could you post a vid of this one? I was worried that the 4in tip would look stupid but i did find one with a 3 inch. ALLOUT that would be cool if you could supply one as well thanks
Sure I get to it today, should be up around 10pm. So keep an eye out. Also I have a ebay intake so it helps with sound I guess.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I run MBRP with race header and it sounds perfect always get comps on it even from the mustang guys lol its deep and dosent sound like a rice burner at all. i did get the OBX 4-2-1 header off ebay tho and its been great so far!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts