Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Sensor 2 bank 1 only measures Voltage and short term fuel trim which it says N/A. Should it be measuring current as well? This is why I think I need a different app for scanning live data. I'd even be willing to pay for an app that does this.
Oxygen sensors produce a voltage between approx 0.1 (lean) and 0.9 vdc (rich) depending on the oxygen content of the exhaust stream. In a normally running engine the upstream O2 sensor voltage should rapidly fluctuate from approx 0.1 to 0.9 vdc. The downstream O2 sensor voltage should be steady at approx 0.5 vdc if the catcon is functional.

Paul

·
Registered
15,429 Posts
X2 the last post. The second sensor WILL vary a LITTLE bit but nothing like the rapid switching back and forth that the front one does from .1-.9 volt. The second sensor stays very close to .5 volt but as it gets older the action will begin to look more and more like the front one and once it does that to a certain amount then the code gets triggered.

BOTH sensors are read by volt, nothing else.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This video explains it pretty well but yeah you need to be able to monitor the voltage of sensor 2. It sounds like sensor one is working just fine.
https://youtu.be/KGpMzdEO5KY

Sent from my LG-LS997 using FF Mobile
Thank you. Tomorrow I'm going to get the oil changed and maybe when it is on the lift we can see if the exhaust is leaking. But I will try to get better readings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This video explains it pretty well but yeah you need to be able to monitor the voltage of sensor 2. It sounds like sensor one is working just fine.
https://youtu.be/KGpMzdEO5KY

Sent from my LG-LS997 using FF Mobile
Ok this video was great and now I know what to look for but, what software can I use on an Android phone that will do this? I have an ELM327 Bluetooth Scanner. There has to be an app for this. I had a Prius (yes I know) and I had about 10 apps that would tell me how all 28 cells in the hybrid battery was doing. It'd tell me all the problems of the car and even special Toyota only codes. There HAS to be a software out there........

21 - 24 of 24 Posts