Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!
1.I bought my son a 2014 focus titanium HB fully loaded w/ 84,000 miles.
2. The transmission started acting at 84050 miles. I took it to Ford dealer not covered bc didn't pass shutter test, however did perform recall on the fuel tank and door latch.
3. I filed a compliant w/ Ford.
4. The transmission continued to slip therefore took back Ford to dealership 1 week later. This time it passed the shutter test and they replaced the clutches. At the same time they noted the check engine light was on due to purge valve, however Ford wouldn't cover purge valve since they already did the recall on the fuel tank. So although I had only driven it 50 miles I ate the cost of the purge valve.
5. After the above repairs while driving home (7miles) the check engine light came back on.
6. I scheduled another appointment with Ford.
7. While waiting for my appointment I drove the car and it started to lose power. Given I was away from home and didn't want to tow it back, I replaced the front catalytic converter. The converter was obviously bad (lump of coal).
7. Drove fine coming home.
8. Still waiting for my appointment with Ford I drove the car on a very limited basis. While driving the check engine light came on and I lost power. Car wouldn't accelerate above 40mph. When I got home the code read as barometric pressure is below threshold.
9. Took back to dealership.
10. They're now saying the catalytic converters are bad and want $2,100 to fix. They're not even sure that's the problem and obviously doesn't account for the barometric pressure code.
ANYONE having same issue or thoughts! The dealership is telling me the Ford Focus is problematic and I should trade it in. They'll give me 3,000 which is a 6,000 loss. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If it is the other CAT and you don't live in California just buy a used one. No idea about the barometric pressure though. I'll take a guess and say it's an O2 sensor but I could be wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts