Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, 2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 2.0l. Been having power issues and had it at repair shop, they said catalytic converter was bad. Took to muffler shop and the guy didn't realize it had two cats. He cut out the cat underneath the car and material from the cat after the manifold came down. So was gonna order a new cat and install it, but said it was gonna cost like $1300. I found two cats on rockauto.com but I want to make sure they fit before ordering them. Is there a difference on the manifold/cat setup from a California emissions vehicle to a 49 state vehicle. He told me that my car was the California Emissions vehicle.

Here are the cats I was looking at, sure cheaper than $1300
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1989360
or
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=3023163

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the cheaper one, does every focus have a cat like this or are they different from some 2006 Ford Focus with a 2.0l.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm really thinking of getting headers and an exhaust [fswerks]while I get my turbo we could probably work something out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I found out that my car does not have the evaporative emissions system and I think the ones at Rock Auto are for those types of cars. I really need to find one soon or just have the muffler guy order one since the car is at his shop.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think that it shouldn't come out of your pocket since you didn't. He is the one that damaged your car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I don't think it was him that damage the car, the cat was already falling apart and only thought there was one cat until he started tearing into it. I was having power issues most likely related to material from the first cat coming back and clogging the second cat.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
BTW, there's NO WAY your car doesn't have an evaporative emissions control system....

That was one of the FIRST emissions items required on ALL U.S. cars....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts