Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuel pump was out of 2001 Ford Focus, car wouldnt run and could not hear fuel pump turn on. So we replaced the fuel pump, and the car fired up, idled nice, but once it built heat it started loading up, so this car had never been taken care of so we went changed plugs, wires and air filter, and figured it was good to go, we took it for a ride and a few miles down the road it started missing and carrying on again. Called a smart witted buddy of mine and right away he said its the cat converter, and when it goes bad, it can cause the fuel pump to go out and make the car miss. I never thought of that but was wanting any more opinions before I replace it. A local garage told me that I can unhook it from the exhaust and run the car with it unhooked and if it dont act up thats the problem. I was wanting some more opinions on this if anyone can help me out. Is what Im told worth trying? Could this be the problem? Best price on a new converter?? Any good aftermarket ones? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
384 Posts
If its the cat then there should be an engine light for it. My cat is getting bad and it threw a code. It also is making the car kinda boggy and cranky down low as well. The cat will not affect the fuel pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts