Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am looking for an svt cat but was wondering what other options I had out there. I want the same performance as the svt but I need to need to pass emissions and a visual inspection here in jersey. Any ideas?

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
You didn't read the other post like I suggested?

You won't pass any emissions test without a Cat. I don't know what a HFC will do on the emissions test so you are probably screwed. Another option is an ORP(Off-Road Pipe) and again not emissions friendly.

Why are you looking for an SVT cat for your ZX3 anyways? Just go to the junkyard and get a used one for cheap.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
^^^True that!

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
to use and SVT Cat you need to have SVT Exhaust Manifold.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am having an svt header installed and need an svt cat to pass emissions.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Why not do the emissions test before having the SVT header/cat installed?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
^^^If it's like Wisconsin, he'll be going back in two years to get tested again. Unless you like installing/uninstalling parts, that wouldn't work.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
2 years is a long time. There's people that will install/uninstall their FI setup to get CARB legal.... I think you can manage a header/cat switchout in about an hour's time.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Just take er off and put on the OEM setup, it can easily be done in a few hours. Just a few bolts and you are set. I mean, why go spend all this extra money on stuff when the answer is staring you in the face. just put ur stock stuff back on.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I could see that being beneficial in some of the less wintery states, but Wisconsin's salty roads turns every bolt on the car to solid corrosion, especially the ones exposed to the road (like the exhaust).

My header install on my old car was a seven hour ordeal. It should have been an hour.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts