Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know the offroad pipe will give me more power than a hi-flow cat. I also know that you guys will just tell me to get a race header but come on, I live in Cali. I really want the offroad pipe but I don't want to purchase both the highflow cat and just use the offroad pipe for when I go to the track. So I was wondering if with a full exhaust set-up I could just use the stock cat. I know it would bottlneck but it would be cheaper than spending another $250-$300. My question is: Is it difficult to replace the stock cat with the offroad pipe and put the stock cat back on when I'm done using the offroad pipe? I don't want to be under my car for like 3 hours each time I do this so I was just wondering. If it is really difficult then I will just buy a high flow cat. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
717 Posts
It will be difficult the 1st time you do it, but after a couple times, you'll get better at it and it will go faster. Keeps a bunch of spare bolts and gaskets handy though...

It's a good plan !

·
Registered
341 Posts
i eliminated the egr and picked up spare o2s and egr bung so my swaps are much easier for track weekends. not always the case that an orp outdoes say a random, many times it is the other way around.

-Ult

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry but what's EGR stand for? I've been on this site for like 6 months and for some reason I 've never seen that before...Sorry if I sound like an idiot. Oh, and where do I get the gaskets? Can I get them from you myfordperformance.com?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts