Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I tried looking for videos of this online but haven't found any. But I was wondering if anyone has replaced the 2nd cat on their Focus with just a piece of pipe (With the stock exhaust system). Im just curious as to how it sounds, and how much louder will it get?

Thanks,
Cole

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
yes it gets a good bit louder. what other items are in your exhaust? mufflers? resonators?

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Any (read most) aftermarket exhaust kits will remove the second cat. If it says it connects to the flex pipe then it will remove the second cat.

And yes it gets much better sounding.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Any (read most) aftermarket exhaust kits will remove the second cat. If it says it connects to the flex pipe then it will remove the second cat.

And yes it gets much better sounding.
Posted via FF Mobile
yup this is true! Then when you go header your catless like me(= haha i think i may have a fake cat welded in at the flex just so i dont get trouble from the visual inspection next year.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ Exhaust is fully stock, there is just a rattle inside my 2nd cat so instead of replacing it, i was just going to remove it and put a piece of pipe in its place. No emissions tests or anything like that here. I was just wondering how much louder my exhaust would be with that cat removed compared to stock.

·
Registered
716 Posts
It shouldn't be too much louder.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
^^^ X2! You will end up doing it your self thou. A muffler shop isn't going to do that, unless they are replacing it.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Pretty much any muffler shop will do it. Especially since he's in an area that doesn't bother with strict emsission testing. I had one shop remove pretty much everything as I was experimenting then another even took off my manicat and put in my header leaving me with no cats. Generally muffler shops think the inspection aspects are stupid and cause more problems than good.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Shop's face big fine's if caught!

Pretty much any muffler shop will do it. Especially since he's in an area that doesn't bother with strict emsission testing. I had one shop remove pretty much everything as I was experimenting then another even took off my manicat and put in my header leaving me with no cats. Generally muffler shops think the inspection aspects are stupid and cause more problems than good.
Yeah the muffler shop's might think that, but legally they can't remove emmission's equipment w/o replacing it same. Lot of shop hand's are tighted w/ big fine's for tampering w/ emmission's. I'm just saying, that's all! What I don't understand is people who drive non serviced=worn out blowing smoke car's, & we as car people that take care of our car's= make them run better & perform better= more efisent have issue's w/ emmision's!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts