Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What cat-back exhaust system fits a Zx3 SVT?
Will any cat-back that fits a plain Zx3 fit an SVT?
Just checking before I order.

·
Registered
76 Posts
They are specific to the SVT. I know Magna Flow and Borla make one for the SVT. I'm looking at the Magna Flow myself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i recently bought the apexi exhuast and love it great sound and big performance gain great fit to only thing i didint like is you need to lift the car to install or pay someone being a tech for ford i did it during lunch took about 20 min its worth the money retails for 549.99

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want the Apexi or the HKS, but I don't think they fit an SVT.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
yeah any exhaust will really do the same thing. but if you can get the zx3 exhausts then the most popular are borla and magnaflow. pretty easy install except for the damn bolts connected to the flex pipe ... nice and rusted over.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
roadracer said:
the apexi is made for the svt that what i got on my car worth every penny
where did you purchase this from?

·
Registered
17 Posts
nopi has it listed for the zx3 same thing fit right on mine part number 001+2584 beware get`s alot louder as you drive it more only bad thing

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
roadracer said:
nopi has it listed for the zx3 same thing fit right on mine part number 001+2584 beware get`s alot louder as you drive it more only bad thing
fit right on...what did you modify?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
roadracer said:
the apexi is made for the svt that what i got on my car worth every penny
So I take it you have an SVT, and you swear that it fits perfect? If so I am all over it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i bought mine for a svt which they dont list but have its the same exhaust but different part #
if you have a zx3 you might want to buy that one its cheaper the only think that different to my knowegde is the pipe diameterbuy what ur car calls for that reason i`m telling you you`ll love the sound and performance gain apexi is the way to go the zx3 one is 511.99 about 50 dollars cheaper buy what ur car calls for but the fit is perfect as far as the bolt up didint have a problem with my svt you shouldnt with ur car just buy what is calls for but go with apexi
right now ebay got killer prices on the cat back system

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I heard Borla is the best followed by Magnaflow

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can now get a Borla system from your local Ford-SVT dealer. 2004 Ford Racing catalog has a list price of $425.00 If you "wheel+deal" you should be able to get it cheaper than that! ( I did,got 10% off, just ordered it last week) [thumb]

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
why would you put an Apexi on an SVT? sound like a weld on anyway, SVt deserves no less than Borla or at the least a Magnaflow

·
Registered
975 Posts
As i was reading some of these exhaust ideas. My question is what type of a gain can u get from the apexi or magnaflow or the popular borla exhaust systems??? The fact that was aware of is that their aren't alot of big gains and that the SVT stock exhaust is good enough. I don't know maybe some of the people in here who have modified the exhaust sytem can shed some light on this HP gain matter.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
mofocus said:
why would you put an Apexi on an SVT? sound like a weld on anyway, SVt deserves no less than Borla or at the least a Magnaflow
[thumb] [thumb] [thumb] Heed these words of wisdom, people.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Put my Borla system on this morning. Dealer charged me $366.00 for it.Put it on myself. Fits ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!! Sound is great! I actually thought it would be louder,but am totally satisfied with it! [clap] [burnout]

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Congrats on the new Exhaust, try not to enjoy it too much. lol [burnout] [driving]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts