Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
YouTube is terrible for listening to exhaust, but if you must, make sure you wear headphones or ear buds. I would suggest trying to find someone fairly nearby that has aftermarket exhaust and listening in person.

It seems the general consensus is that MagnaFlow has the lowest drone. Borla and FRPP are pretty much the same system. I think MBRP is extremely raspy, tinny, and has quite a bit of drone.

At this point, I've only done a resonator delete. It's still pretty quiet, but opens up under forceful throttle. I'm most likely going to do full custom exhaust, because I love the stock tip. The only aftermarket exhaust that has a similar tip is over a grand, not what I'm looking to spend on a cat back system.

Sent from another potato stuffed in my shorts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im leaning towards the Cobb racing unit. it is little pricey but Im not a fan of the bolt on tips that alot of companies use. I like the welded tips on the Cobb unit. I did look at the CNT racing catback as well but that is a 2.5 inch pipe and I really want a 3 inch catback.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it on yesterday!! Love it, no drone on the highway but when ur on it sounds so sweet. You can hear the difference from idle. This is a nice quality unit!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looking to upgrade my '13 ST exhaust. Don't want a catback (pricey) but does anyone know what the muffler used in the Magnaflow system is? If I can do just the muff, it's doable. Thanks.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
Looking to upgrade my '13 ST exhaust. Don't want a catback (pricey) but does anyone know what the muffler used in the Magnaflow system is? If I can do just the muff, it's doable. Thanks.
If your going to do it, why not do a 3'' mandrel bent system vs just a muffler swap? btw the Magnaflow system uses a Magnaflow muffler.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I know it's a Magnaflow, I was hoping to get a part number. My bad. I found a Magnaflow system for a rediculous price. Think I'm doing the cat-back.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I know it's a Magnaflow, I was hoping to get a part number. My bad. I found a Magnaflow system for a rediculous price. Think I'm doing the cat-back.
I'd do a down pipe 1st.......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to pick an exhaust but I can’t decide. I want something deep and strong with some backfire and gurgles. Any suggestions? Thinking about Roush or AWE track + a DP of sorts. Lmk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
Looking to pick an exhaust but I can’t decide. I want something deep and strong with some backfire and gurgles. Any suggestions? Thinking about Roush or AWE track + a DP of sorts. Lmk
Really best to add a d/p to start with as that'd make the biggest difference.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts