Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been researching the different cat-backs available for our cars and I wanted to see what you guys have, how you like them, and the noise levels you experience in real world. It's kind of hard to tell just how loud some of them are through youtube videos.

My goal is to get a set up that gives me a nice little growl (not raspy), helps her breathe a little better and, DOESN'T GET ME PULLED OVER!! I work in a very highly policed area and you don't need much of an excuse to get pulled. It's my daily driver and my commute is about an hour so a lot of drone would not be much fun either.

I've been leaning towards the FSWERKS stealth exhaust but I've been seeing people complain that it gets louder over time.

I've also been kicking around the idea of going custom with a flowmaster 40 series muffler. I had one on one of my Probe GT's back in the day and I don't remember that being too loud.

What do you guys have? What would you reccomend?

·
Registered
192 Posts
The fswerks stealth is a good exhaust. It's only loud when you get on it. If you're cruising it's got a quiet tone to it. I've had it on my for 1.5 years. No issues.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the FSWERKS race system installed about a month ago. It does get louder over time. I'm assuming the stealth system does too. Has a really nice rumble to it though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the FSWERKS Race system. I havent been pulled over yet, but I wouldnt be surprised if i got pulled over for it. The tone is deep and almost sounds like an SRT4 subaru mix.

Im thinking the Stealth would be a better choice for you though. Just my 0.02

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I love the fswerks stealth exhaust. good price, is stainless steel and has mandrel bends. very worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah, I know the race version is out of the question. I rode in a friend's sedan with the race model. Appreciate the feedback guys. Keep it comin!

By the way. I don't see any info on it, but are the fswerks models baffled mufflers? Or glass packs? I don't really see how a baffled muffler would get louder over time. Did anyone take a look insisde before they bolted theirs up??

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've had my Stealth system on my sedan for a year. It sounds the same as the day I installed it. It makes power and sounds awesome! It's quiet in the city especially if you up shift an extra gear. I have a slight drone at 80 on the freeway. That's nothing a few volume clicks on the stereo can't solve.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have Magnaflow cat back and it is perfect, low and smooth. At 65-70 you can't hear anything at all. If you want a little sound and performance then I would go with it. I try to get the quietest one because after I add more mods it will get louder.

Check out youtube as your sound level may be different than others. I think the stealth sounds great but too loud for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts