Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Tsudo Catback exhaust now and love the sound, its 2.5 inch piping and has an enormous 4.5 inch tip, i dont really like the huge tip cus it has melted part of my bumper away. I am planning on taking it to a custom exhaust shop to have a 3 or 3.5 inch tip welded in place of the original one. Will this change any difference in the sound or will it stay the same?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now how do u guys feel about the Tsudo, i never see anyone recommend it to anyone and i think it is pretty good. Are the Borla and Flowmaster ones that good? And what about the Steeda Exhaust, is that good?

·
Registered
420 Posts
It'll def. change the sound. The Tsudo doesn't have an actual muffler...it just has a can, and that's where all your sound comes from. If you just put on a regular, chrome tip, your sound will probably sound like ass, considering you don't have anything to "muffle" the exhaust

Tsudo

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how does the HKS sound on your car. i wanted it but it was like $400 or $500. a little much for me at the time but now i can afford it

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Its really deep, and it isnt raspy like a 240sx when they have an exhaust (Yes, its that sound) I think the angle is too much, but it has grown on me. I love it. Its very deep and smooth at low rpms, and it isnt too agressive at high rpms, and it doesnt rattle. i need to make a sound clip.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea if you could get a sound clip that would be great. Cus i hate the thought of buying something without knowing how it will sound and perform.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If i go to Trubendz and get one of their 2.5 inch exhaust kits, which tip would you guys prefer, the Flowmaster or the Borla. will it make much different of a sound or no?

·
Registered
420 Posts
the tips just for looks, the noise is in the muffler

I'd go with Borla

borla > flow

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the advice

·
Registered
759 Posts
psuedo

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no its not a fart can exhaust, its nice and throaty. i like it. havent been on a dyno so dont know if its any good. but i do feel more power when i step on the throttle

·
Registered
958 Posts
SlammedZX3WI said:
the tips just for looks, the noise is in the muffler

I'd go with Borla

borla > flow
i thought the trubendz was the same as the borla just re-badged as trubendz

·
Registered
420 Posts
Trubends takes their own piping (stainless or not...I don't know), but they take their own piping and put a borla or flowmaster muffler on, along with a borla or flowmaster tip.

The tip is just for looks. Has nothing to do with sound. Your sound comes from the muffler

1 - 18 of 18 Posts