Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all those with young offspring, I have a rear-facing infant seat with base installed behind the drivers seat for my 5 month old. I also have a forward facing convertible seat behind the passenger seat for my almost 3 year old. The infant seat was easy to install with the LATCH anchors, but you can't put the seat very far back. I'm 5'11" 190lbs, and my knees are pretty close to the dash when the carseats behind me.

The forward facing seat fits perfectly in the back and was easy to install using the LATCH anchors. My older son is very tall for his age, and can kick the back of the front seat with ease.. but he could do that in our '04 Explorer as well.

FWIW, I saw a forward facing seat in the German Focus brochure, not sure what it costs though. If it is more recessed than our current seat then it may be worth it.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
218 Posts
For all those with young offspring, I have a rear-facing infant seat with base installed behind the drivers seat for my 5 month old. I also have a forward facing convertible seat behind the passenger seat for my almost 3 year old. The infant seat was easy to install with the LATCH anchors, but you can't put the seat very far back. I'm 5'11" 190lbs, and my knees are pretty close to the dash when the carseats behind me.

The forward facing seat fits perfectly in the back and was easy to install using the LATCH anchors. My older son is very tall for his age, and can kick the back of the front seat with ease.. but he could do that in our '04 Explorer as well.

FWIW, I saw a forward facing seat in the German Focus brochure, not sure what it costs though. If it is more recessed than our current seat then it may be worth it.

Posted via FF Mobile

The car seats they offer across the pond to fit are Britax and Recaro. They are not cheap.
We always used Britax with our three kids but they are not for everyone. Here is the link to what they offer for focus: http://www.allenparts.com/category/Ford/Ford_Focus_Range/Ford_Focus_MK_3__2011_onwards_/Protection_and_Safety/Child_Safety,b.html

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have a Honda Pilot, and we just turned our youngest son's car seat to be forward facing.

When it was rear facing, we had the same problem. We had to have the passenger seat pretty close up to accommodate it. I never sat there, only my wife did. She is 5'7" and she didn't complain, but she also said that there was sooo much more room now that the seat is turned around.

It's to be expected with a rear facing carseat that you will lose a lot of space in the passenger seat.

I also remember when we had the rear facing in our Saturn SL. We had to put it in the middle because you couldn't even get into the passenger seat if the car seat was behind it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We have twins, 20 months, and use rear facing Britax Marathon 70s, which I think are a little more compact than most car seats. They also fit rear facing in a 335i coupe and 2011 Sorento. I am 5'10" and fit in the passenger seat fine, but there is no extra room. Seats are out of the car now for window tint tomorrow, so no pics.

Nice bonus - a normal size person can squeeze between these two seats in a pinch. There are skinny child seats out there though if you need more room. The center headrest doesn't go above neck level - strange.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I was wondering the car seat situation. I have 3 kids and two use forward and one rear. Now we have squeezed them into my focus before and they fit. Obviously the rear facing one had to go in the middle lol.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
surprisingly, I can fit in the drivers seat even with the rear-facing seat behind me. U do look forward (no pun intended) to switching him to a forward facing.

Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 9 of 9 Posts