Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Focus Hatchback 2015
1 Posts
I don't know how many of you hatchback owners have had the pivot part of your cargo cover get "worn". Maybe "worn" isn't the word but is seems to be inevitable that this thing would wear out quickly judging from the material the cover is made of. Is it layers of paper? Anyone out there know?

My 2014 SE Hatchback was purchased knowing that this would need to be dealt with, apart from the pivot points the rest of the cover is in great shape. My fix was to 3D print a outline of the pivot point from the cover and attach it so that there would be a more robust area that will not "wear out" soon.

I think it turned out Ok, the biggest mistake on my part was forgetting to change the filament from white to black and in hindsight the hardware that attaches the pieces to the cover would be changed to the same style as the Holding Strings for the cover, one of the pictures shows the fasteners that were used, more refinements could be made for sure but for a first crack it wasn't that bad.

I would like to know if any of you have the same kind of issue with your cargo cover being worn. I will gladly share the STL file so you can print your own or contract it out via Shapeways or the like. I would be willing to print some for you for a few bucks if someone wants them.

The pictures tell the story, let me know what you think.
Great work. Not having a printer, I'd be glad to pay for a black one.
I don't know how many of you hatchback owners have had the pivot part of your cargo cover get "worn". Maybe "worn" isn't the word but is seems to be inevitable that this thing would wear out quickly judging from the material the cover is made of. Is it layers of paper? Anyone out there know?

My 2014 SE Hatchback was purchased knowing that this would need to be dealt with, apart from the pivot points the rest of the cover is in great shape. My fix was to 3D print a outline of the pivot point from the cover and attach it so that there would be a more robust area that will not "wear out" soon.

I think it turned out Ok, the biggest mistake on my part was forgetting to change the filament from white to black and in hindsight the hardware that attaches the pieces to the cover would be changed to the same style as the Holding Strings for the cover, one of the pictures shows the fasteners that were used, more refinements could be made for sure but for a first crack it wasn't that bad.

I would like to know if any of you have the same kind of issue with your cargo cover being worn. I will gladly share the STL file so you can print your own or contract it out via Shapeways or the like. I would be willing to print some for you for a few bucks if someone wants them.

The pictures tell the story, let me know what you think.
Great! Not having a printer, I'd happily pay for one. Let me know the logistics.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts