Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Ford cargo area protector, part #CM5Z-6111600-FA, and I received it yesterday. The descriptions reads: Durable, lightweight polyethylene tray is molded to the contours of your vehicle. Raised lip helps contain spills. Available with Focus logo in black only. Installs and removes easily without tools.

Well, it was a big mistake. It was way too long, cheap, light weight for sure and looked nothing like the Ford picture. Ford was contacted and they said that is the correct part. What a POS!! Yes, I returned it.

Look at the two pictures and see for yourself.

http://s489.photobucket.com/albums/rr253/PDQSSR/Ford%20Cargo%20Protector/

·
Registered
781 Posts
Ouch, I've considered getting one, read in another post that the 5-door w/ subwoofer didn't fit so well. After these pictures I'll be looking for another option for sure.

·
Registered
355 Posts
This seems to be a common issue with the trays. I agree, it sucks.[rant]

Trying to find a carpeted protector for my hatch w/sub, haven't been able to find one anywhere.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like it's just for the hatch. The first picture where its fits is a hatch anyway....
Description on Ford box says it is for a 2012 Ford Focus Sedan. The Ford dealer said they had other buyers complaining about the same thing. I said "then why do you continue to sell the product when you know it has issues?" I didn't get a reply.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Can you get a picture silenthill? Perhaps it's just an issue with the sedan.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Weird, I have one for the hatch w/o subwoofer and it fits fine. I read about some of the fit problems after I ordered so I was sweating bullets until it arrived. But it ended up with a perfect fit.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Seems good to me. Hopefully it fits with a sub woofer that well.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Here's a pic of mine. There were some ripples when I took it out of the box but they layed flat after a few hours in the sun. It looks like yours is designed for the hatch not the coupe.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the hatch w/ subwoofer version as well. It came rolled in a box but once it settled a bit it fit perfectly. The material is a little on the thin side, but I'm mostly concerned with keeping spills contained so it works well for me.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Has anyone tried one of these in the hatch with the 18" upgraded wheels? Our hatch floor is raised, and I'm not sure if it will affect the depth of the cargo tray or not..

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have the liner in my SE, and I am glad I bought it.

Has anyone tried one of these in the hatch with the 18" upgraded wheels? Our hatch floor is raised, and I'm not sure if it will affect the depth of the cargo tray or not..
There are several cargo liners available, depending on your car's specs. Just make sure you order the correct one.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yea, I ordered mine with the cargo liner. It fits nice and looks OK.

But, I'm sure it only cost about $.39 cents to make.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have a hatch w/ sub. It took me at least an hour with a hair dryer to make mine fit right. Very cheaply made for sure, but it does fit okay.

Tony

·
Registered
548 Posts
How long did it take to order?

·
Registered
968 Posts
I wish they made one to fit over the backseats when folded, if I'm hauling garbage I'm usually using the WHOLE cargo area.

Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 20 of 47 Posts