Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone. I will be sending in one our trunk lids to extreme dimensions in the next few weeks. 8-12 months after that, the carbon fiber version will be available soon. I'm wondering what everyone thinks, is a straight OEM copy best? Cause some people have been expressing a desire for some sort of deck lid spoiler type thing. So lets post some pics and discuss :)

Sort of like this maybe?

http://www.jackohk.com/wp-content/u...or-2008-Ford-Focus-by-3dCarbon-Rear-Angle.jpg

·
Registered
102 Posts
re.

just keep it stock. Adding that deck lid is too much. they could always make that another option but there are too many aftermarket spoilers and lids out there that would go well with a CF trunk. I've been waitin to get my hands on on forever. In my opinion a base line that we can modify. Awesome job sendin it out btw, can't wait to see the final product.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea they prefer stock as well, but if enough people wanted it and put money down, they'd consider it. Just figured I'd ask :) I like it stock personally, our cars look so smooth lowered down with no spoilers

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
I dunno I found my Focus to look funny with out the small spoiler.
I ended up getting a stock SES lid with the spoiler attached from the factory and I think it's better now

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Stock with no indentation for the Ford badge

·
Registered
102 Posts
re.

Great idea with the bondo and sand. Make it look as smooth as possible and just make a great starting point that anyone who buys it can mod out. BTW, to the one who said that spoilers look a bit off sometimes big wings that are usually made fun of work well with our decks. I really like the way this guy's fofo came out. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbmxTvmdnC4>

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
OMFG! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have wanted a CF trunk for EVER!

I think a stock trunk would be good, I think I still want the ford emblem though. So when a Ricer rolls up and goes "WTF?! A FORD?" that is like the best thing ever.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea that wing looks good because his bumper has that huge black area that offsets it. It creates a visual illusion I feel like haha

And yea I would like to keep the emblem too, a black ford emblem would look amazing in it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts