Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here is a cheap idea that looks really good. Get ahold of some vinyl decal material, what ever color, I happened to have black laying around. Now get some of that rubbery drawer liner, like the stuff you can line your tool boxes with, its kinda tacky and is perferated. Lay the liner material on the vinyl and spray some spray paint over the top, light coat will do. Remove the liner material before it dries and there you go. I used Dupli-Color silver wheel paiint. Its what I had laying around. I bet the gunmetal would have a better affect. I did this today, so I'm not sure about durability but it looks good and the price is right.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Looks good! I like it. I have done something similar with my airbrush but not on my car yet. Good idea!

·
Registered
966 Posts
That's a good idea. Even if it doesn't last long, it's cheap enough and easy enough to redo.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Yup, This is used alot when painting r/c car bodies, I tried it once on the bed of an F150 body turned out nicly! You can also scruntch it up in some spots to make a cool twisted CF effect.

-Shawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts