Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what makes them so cool why do people want them so bad? I persnonally would hate having a hood a different color then the rest of my car

·
Registered
571 Posts
they're supposed to be alot lighter. other than that, i guess some peole just like the look....

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
taking 15 l/bs off ur car i don't see it as being noticiable. The people that put these hoods on there cars generally don't look anywhere else for wieght reduction i mean comeon those body kits can't take away wieght lol

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
well for one...the stock hood is about 38 lbs...some cf hoods r 7-12 lbs...so i would def get it for weight reduction...and after a year or so, it would probably be painted

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so ic i never thought of that people getting the CF hoods painted makes sense now

·
Registered
571 Posts
hey, alot of people do shit to their car that doesn't make sense. at least its only hood. you know how much neon and F&F decals you could buy for the price of one of those?

EDIT: oops. misread your last post, thought you said it DIDN'T make sense to paint a CF hood. my bad. But either way. i still say an unpainted CF hood is better than $700 bucks worth of neon and decals.....

·
Registered
793 Posts
dave30 said:
hey, alot of people do shit to their car that doesn't make sense. at least its only hood. you know how much neon and F&F decals you could buy for the price of one of those?

LOL! isnt that the truth, people mostly buy CF stuff for weight reduction and looks, I do kinda think a CF hood is stylish, but they are kinda expensive, you could do a lot more with the same amount of money if you dump it in the motor

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Okay, tune me in here...wtf is red kevlar?? lol

If I ever got one (which will probably never happen) I'd leave it unpainted.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'm getting a carbon fiber WW Evo or VIS Invader once I have enough money for the shipping AND painting of it. I personally wouldn't buy an OEM carbon fiber hood, granted you'r saving 20-30 lbs, but that's not a huge deal to me. I'm buying a new hood because hail totally raped my oem hood, and i want a more aggressive and unique style to my new hood. Also, i'm getting it painted, leaving that carbon fiber weave on your hood is gay, ricey, and gay, did i mention it was gay? Plus, not only will i have a lighter hood, and a better looking one, but hail will never dent carbon fiber like it will steel.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Solaris said:
what makes them so cool why do people want them so bad? I persnonally would hate having a hood a different color then the rest of my car
I personally think they look good on the right color cars.

I went with one on my car because I was going for a blue, grey and black theme. Eventually, I plan to paint part of my hood. I'm going to leave the center of it carbon fiber to resemble the "grey" on the side of my car and paint the sides blue with black stripes (similar to the side of the car) to separate the blue from the carbon fiber.

For now...here's my blue/grey/black theme...

·
Registered
845 Posts
WOW!! I really want that yellow hood and I don't know why? My car is black, but I can't quit looking at it....[;)]

·
Registered
405 Posts
that front lip looks familiar. ;)

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FoRdFoCuZdRiVeR said:
wanna see a wierd hood solaris
that hood is so fugly. if it wasn't for me going to spend $750 to finish my exahust i would look into this hood

Mofocus has it on his car and ever since i saw it i just love it

1 - 20 of 33 Posts